Hypervisors Comparison and Their Performance Testing
- 639 Downloads
This paper is devoted to comparing approaches to the implementation of virtualization based on the use of the most common hypervisors. The paper considers advantages of using virtual machines while creating modern network infrastructure; as well as this, it describes a number of experiments on starting different hypervisors in one selected host along with the installation of two virtual machines with identical configurations. The results of CPU utilization and statistics on the use of a random access memory by hypervisors without virtual machines and with virtual machines are presented; conclusions on using different hypervisors are drawn.
KeywordsVirtualization Hypervisor Virtual machine Guest operating system Hypervisor performance
This work was carried out within the State Task of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (Project part No. 2.3928.2017/4.6) in Southern Federal University.
- 2.Prakash, B., Bhatia, A., Bhattal, G.: A comparative study of various hypervisors performance. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Res. 7(12), 65–71 (2016). https://www.ijser.org/researchpaper/A-comparative-study-of-Various-Hypervisors-Performance.pdf
- 3.Virtual machines. https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-is-a-virtual-machine/
- 4.Polenov, M., Kostyuk, A., Muntyan, E., Guzik, V., Lukyanov, V.: Application of virtualization technology for implementing smart house control systems. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 465, Software Engineering Perspectives and Application in Intelligent Systems, vol. 2, pp. 329–339. Springer (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Polenov, M., Guzik, V., Lukyanov, V.: Using virtualization technology for the user authorization system. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 575, Software Engineering Perspectives and Application in Intelligent Systems, vol. 3, pp. 192–200. Springer (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.vSphere Hypervisor. https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere-hypervisor.html
- 9.Kostyuk, A., Polenov, M., Lukyanov, V., et al.: Research of virtualization deployment possibility in smart house control systems. Inf. Commun. 3, 72–77 (2015). (in Russian)Google Scholar