Methods of the Statistical Simulation of the Self-similar Traffic
The problem of evaluating the quality of the service is one of the important tasks of analyzing the traffic of telecommunication networks. Characteristics of traffic of modern telecommunication networks vary widely and depend on a large number of parameters and network settings, characteristics of protocols and user’s work. Recent studies argue that network traffic of modern networks has the properties of self-similarity. And this requires finding adequate methods for traffic simulating and loading processes in modern telecommunication networks.
The article deals with the methods of statistical simulation of fractional Brownian motion based on the spectral image. The developed methods are used for modeling of self-similar traffic and loading process of telecommunication networks. Estimates of the probability of repositioning are found.
KeywordsFractional Brownian motion Hurst index Accuracy and reliability of the model Gaussian random process Self-similar traffic
- 2.Kilpi, J., Norros, I.: Testing the Gaussian approximation of aggregate traffic. In: Proceedings of the Second ACM SIGCOMM Workshop, Marseille, France, pp. 49–61 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Chabaa, S., Zeroual, A., Antari, J.: Identification and prediction of internet traffic using artificial neural networks. Intell. Learn. Syst. Appl. 2, 147–155 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Gowrishankar, S., Satyanarayana, P.S.: A time series modeling and prediction of wireless network traffic. Int. J. Inter. Mob. Technol. (iJIM) 4(1), 53–62 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Kozachenko, Y., Yamnenko, R., Vasylyk, O.: φ-sub-Gaussian random process. Vydavnycho-Poligrafichnyi Tsentr “Kyivskyi Universytet”, Kyiv (2008). (In Ukrainian)Google Scholar
- 8.Sabelfeld, K.K.: Monte Carlo Methods in Boundary Problems. Nauka, Novosibirsk (1989). (In Russian)Google Scholar
- 12.Ageev, D.V.: Parametric synthesis of multiservice telecommunication systems in the transmission of group traffic with the effect of self-similarity. Prob. Telecommun. 1(10), 46–65 (2013). (In Russian). Electronic scientific specialized editionGoogle Scholar
- 13.Pashko, A.: Statistical Simulation of a Generalized Wiener Process. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Physics and Mathematics, vol. 2, pp. 180–183 (2014). (In Ukrainian)Google Scholar
- 16.Kozachenko, Y., Pashko, A., Rozora, I.: Simulation of Random Processes and Fields. Zadruga, Kyiv (2007). (In Ukrainian)Google Scholar