Innovative Technologies of Oil Production: Tasks of Legal Regulation of Management and Taxation
This chapter of the monograph substantiates the need for intellectualization of the main factors of production in the oil industry at the present stage of development and modernization of the Russian economy. The direct dependence of the financial security of the Russian Federation on the volume of extracted raw materials, the severity of issues related to the delineation of powers in the sphere of owning, using and disposing of natural oil and gas resources is considered in the chapter in the context of the course announced by the authorities for innovation and high technologies. Introduction of innovative technologies in the field of hydrocarbon production is considered as a priority component of the general direction within the framework of modernization of the Russian economy. The relevant tasks of the Russian oil industry, consisting of large vertically integrated oil companies, are being studied. The ways of finding acceptable, economically adequate legal bases for effective mining of mineral resources are discussed. Which are in direct dependence on innovative technologies that satisfy the social, economic and political aspirations of the state, and allow to solve the problem of limited natural resources. An innovative approach to taxation of oil companies is being explored, providing for the withdrawal in favor of the state of half of the net income actually received by the economic entity, after covering all the costs of oil production.
- Ageev, R. V. (2008). Provision of land for geological study of subsurface resources. Journal of Russian Law, 12, 121–128.Google Scholar
- Agreement. (2005). On the organization, management, functioning and development of the common oil and gas market, (approved by the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of September 26, 2005 no. 1499-p). (Russian).Google Scholar
- CNN Money. (2018). America could become oil king of the world in 2018, http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/03/investing/oil-us-russia-saudi-arabia-shale/index.html.
- Dovbnya, V. B. (2012). Delimitation of powers between federal bodies and subjects of the Russian Federation in the field of possession, use and disposal of natural oil and gas resources. Constitutional and Municipal Law, 8, 48–50.Google Scholar
- Federal Law. (1997). On state registration of rights to real estate and transactions with it, (Adopted by the State Duma on July 21, 1997, no. 122-FL). (Russian).Google Scholar
- Federal Law. (2011). On Ratification of the Agreement on the Organization, Management, Functioning and Development of Common Oil and Oil Products Markets of the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation, (Adopted by the State Duma on July 1, 2011 no. 189-FL). (Russian).Google Scholar
- Gazprom Neft. (2017). The project of Gazprom Neft for the study of the Bazhenov suite was given the status of a national one, http://www.gazprom-neft.ru/press-center/news/1119467/.
- GOST R 52104-2003. (2003). National standard of the Russian Federation. Resource-saving (approved by the Decree of the State Standard of the Russian Federation on July 3, 2003 no. 235-st). (Russian).Google Scholar
- Grinets, I. (2014). The role of innovative development in unconventional hydrocarbon exploitation in the context of the shale gas revolution in the USA. Journal of Social, Political, and Economic Studies, 39(4), 436–466.Google Scholar
- Inshakova, A. O. (2014). Innovative technologies of oil production: Tasks of legal regulation of cross-border management. Bulletin of Volgograd State University. Series 5. Jurisprudence, 4(25), 28–36.Google Scholar
- Kalinin, I. B. (2012). Evolution of the legal regulation of the use of natural resources in Russia. Russian Justice, 3, 69–72.Google Scholar
- Motin, V. V., & Trofimov, O. E. (2013). Problems of ensuring safety on water transport. Administrative and municipal law, 6, 607–611.Google Scholar
- Muslimov, R. Kh. (2009). Features of exploration and development of oil fields in a market economy: Proceeding allowance. Fen Publishing House of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan, Kazan.Google Scholar
- Neftegaz. (2017). The first in Russia. Gazprom Neft will apply a full cycle of technologies for the development of shale oil for the development of the Bazhenov suite, http://neftegaz.ru/news/view/152699.
- Official website of the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation (2017). http://minenergo.gov.ru.
- Perchik, A. I. (2006). Theoretical aspects of the formation of raw materials safety as a basic component of energy security. Energy Law, 2, 68–73.Google Scholar
- Petrova, O. V. (2010). Geological dictionary. In three volumes. T. 1. Izd. third, revised. and additional. Publishing house VSEGEI, St. Petersburg.Google Scholar
- Pevzner, M. E. (2001). Modern legal problems of subsoil use. State and Law, 4, 36–42.Google Scholar
- Popondopulo, V. F., Gorodov, O. A., & Petrov, D. A. (2011). Renewable sources of energy in the electric power industry. Energeticheskoe pravo, 1, 23–29.Google Scholar
- PwC: Audit and Assurance, Consulting and Tax Services. (2017). https://www.pwc.com/.
- Salieva, R. N. (2013). Legal and environmental aspects in the use of primary energy sources within the framework of the Energy Strategy of Russia. Jurist, 21, 27–31.Google Scholar
- Shakhverdiev, A. Kh., Dutov, D. V., & Shakhverdiev, E. A. (2009). Problems of harmonization of normative-legal aspects of the legislation on the subsoil use in Russia. Neftyanoe khozyaystvo—Oil Industry, 10, 20–23.Google Scholar
- SNBC. (2018). US shale oil output poised to surge above 6.5 million barrels a day in February, https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/16/us-shale-oil-drilling-poised-to-surge-in-february.html.
- TASS. (2017). Based on the materials of the Information Agency of Russia TASS, http://tass.ru/ekonomika/4767246.
- Tight oil expected to make up most of U.S. oil production increase through 2040, U.S. Energy Information Administration (2018). https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=29932.
- Tokarev, A. N. (2013). Taxation of the oil and gas sector of the Russian Federation: The role of regions. International Accounting, 5, 31–40.Google Scholar
- U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). (2017). http://www.eia.gov/.
- United Nations Convention. (1982). On the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) (Ratified by the Federal Law of the Russian Federation of February 26, 1997 no 30-FL).Google Scholar
- Vedomosti. (2013). Interview V. Yu. Alekperova, http://www.lukoil.ru.
- VYGON. Consulting. (2017). The main directions of the tax reform of the oil industry, http://vygon.consulting/products/issue-816.