Conceptual Solution of the Robotic Arm/Plotter
In everyday life - a person performs actions that require a lot of repetition, and therefore a lot of time. By creating a robot that would process and store data in real-time, repeating the given actions a certain number of times, it would eliminate the human presence in the process itself. In this regard, the aim of this paper is the development of a conceptual robot solution that would replace a human in performing some routine hand-executed functions, such as writing, drawing, and engraving. Realization of the resulting conceptual solution would have low cost of production and small dimensions, while easy portability would allow a greater accessibility and application, both in industrial plants and in personal use.
KeywordsRobot arm Plotter Conceptual solution Easy portability Routine hand-executed functions
This paper is prepared within two projects - “Montenegrin Wearable Robots (MWR)” supported by Ministry of Science of Montenegro and COST project - Action CA16116 “Wearable Robots for Augmentation, Assistance or Substitution of Human Motor Functions”.
- 1.Wisskirchen, G., Biacabe, B.T., Bormann, U., Muntz, A., Niehaus, G., Soler, G.J., von Brauchitsch, B.: Artificial Intelligence and Robotics and Their Impact on the Workplace. IBA Global Employment Institute (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.UK Essays.: Machines Vs Human Workers Business Essay (2013). https://www.ukessays.com/essays/business/machines-vs-human-workers-business-essay.php%3fcref%3d1
- 3.Soffar, H.: Advantages and disadvantages of using robots in our life (2016). https://www.online-sciences.com/robotics/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-using-robots-in-our-life/
- 4.Arkin, R.C., Moshkina, L.: Affect in Human-Robot Interaction. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mohamed_Mourad_Lafifi/post/Should_we_research_the_behaviour_of_robot_when_it_has_a_negative_emotion/attachment/59d6407479197b807799cab3/AS:431172468645892%401479810935588/download/Affect%2bin%2bHuman-Robot%2bInteraction.pdf
- 5.Shivakumar, M., Stafford, M., Ankitha, T.H., Bhawana, C.K., Kavana, H., Kavya, R.: Robotic 2D plotter. Int. J. Eng. Innov. Technol. (IJEIT) 3(10), 300–303 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Solidworks modeling software. http://www.solidworks.com/
- 9.Instructables. https://www.instructables.com/
- 10.Community of robots. http://communityofrobots.com/
- 11.Nema stepper motor specifications. http://www.mosaic-industries.com/embedded-systems/microcontroller-projects/stepper-motors/specifications