Central Project Coordinators
This chapter outlines the tasks and responsibilities of the central project coordinators. In cross-national comparative surveys, the central project coordinators are responsible for establishing and overseeing the implementation of general survey guidelines. Their key tasks include the development of the source questionnaire. In order to ensure that the data collected will be comparable across the participating countries, the central project coordinators must, from the very beginning of the project, give thought to how the required sociodemographic information should be collected.
KeywordsCentral project coordination Development of the source questionnaire
- European Commission & Eurostat (2011). Implementing core variables in EU social surveys. Draft. Methodological guidelines. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/SOCIAL_STA/CoreVariablesUpdatedGuidelines-May2011.pdf. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- European Social Survey www.europeansocialsurvey.org. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- European Social Survey (2002). Round 1, Source questionnaire. Versione Italiana: 19-12-02. http://www.europeansocialsurvey.org/docs/round1/fieldwork/italy/ESS1_questionnaires_IT.pdf. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- European Social Survey (2008). Data documentation report. Ed. 5.1. Appendix A5. http://www.europeansocialsurvey.org/docs/round4/survey/ESS4_appendix_a5_e05_0.pdf. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- European Social Survey (2014a). Appendix A1, Education, ESS7–2014 ed. 3.1. http://www.europeansocialsurvey.org/docs/round7/survey/ESS7_appendix_a1_e03_1.pdf. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- European Social Survey (2014b). ESS Round 7 source questionnaire. London: ESS ERIC Headquarters, Centre for Comparative Social Surveys, City University London. http://www.europeansocialsurvey.org/docs/round7/fieldwork/source/ESS7_source_main_questionnaire.pdf. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- European Social Survey (2014c). Project instructions (PAPI). http://www.europeansocialsurvey.org/docs/round7/fieldwork/source/ESS7_source_project_instructions.pdf. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- Ganzeboom, H. B. G., & Treiman, D. J. (2003). Three internationally standardised measures for comparative research on occupational status. In J. H. P. Hoffmeyer-Zlotnik & C. Wolf (Eds.), Advances in cross-national comparison. A European working book for demographic and socio-economic variables (pp. 159–193). New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hoffmeyer-Zlotnik, J. H. P., & Warner, U. (2007). How to survey education for cross-national comparison: The Hoffmeyer-Zlotnik/Warner-Matrix of Education. Metodološki zvezki, 4(2), 117–148.Google Scholar
- Hoffmeyer-Zlotnik, J. H. P., & Warner, U. (2008). Private household concepts and their operationalisation in national and international social surveys. Mannheim: GESIS-ZUMA.Google Scholar
- Hussmanns, R., Mehran, F., & Verma, V. (1990). Surveys of economically active population, employment, unemployment and underemployment: An ILO manual on concepts and methods. Geneva: International Labour Organization.Google Scholar
- International Labour Organization (ILO) (1982). Resolution concerning statistics of the economically active population, employment, unemployment and underemployment, adopted by the thirteenth International Conference of Labour Statisticians. www.ilo.org/public/english/bureau/stat/download/res/ecacpop.pdf. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- International Labour Organization (ILO). (2009). International Standard Classification of Occupations, ISCO 08 draft definitions. http://www.ilo.org/public/english/bureau/stat/isco/isco08/index.htm. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- Leiulfsrud, H., Bison, I., & Jensberg, H. (2005). Social class in Europe, European Social Survey 2002/3. NTNU Samfunnsforskning/NTNU Social Research Ltd.Google Scholar
- Treiman, D. J. (1977). Occupational prestige in comparative perspective. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- UNESCO-UIS (2012). International Standard Classification of Education, ISCED 2011. http://uis.unesco.org/sites/default/files/documents/international-standard-classification-of-education-isced-2011-en.pdf. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.
- UNESCO-UIS (2018). ISCED mappings. http://uis.unesco.org/en/isced-mappings. Retrieved on January 26, 2018.