Online Research and Learning Environment to Facilitate the Elaboration of Bachelor’s/Master’s Theses in Multidisciplinary Teams
- 299 Downloads
Usually, the elaboration of a bachelor’s/master’s thesis is a solitary effort of the student, under the supervision of the coordinating professor. The thesis research idea is the result of the interaction between the same two actors, as such it is being limited by factors like: the student’s research capacity; the professor’s expertise; the financial and technological resources, etc. A possible solution for the above-mentioned problem is the development of a national or even international electronic research and learning environment, meant to facilitate the connection between all possible stakeholders in the elaboration of bachelor’s/master’s theses: students, professors, universities, entities interested in innovation/research and publishers. The paper presents an operation model tailored to some basic concepts of modern education, such as: multidisciplinary collaboration, the anchoring in the market’s needs or the use of online tools. The online platform outlined in the paper aims to facilitate: establishing and saving research and learning objectives and documents; classic, video and holography conferencing; real-time support from coordinating professors; distance teaching or learning tasks’ management. The paper might contribute to the development of new sets of methods, modes of operation, spaces and procedures for the research and learning alleged efforts to elaborate bachelor’s/master’s theses or even PhD theses.
KeywordsBachelor’s/master’s/PhD Theses Teamwork Online platform Higher education institutions (HEI) Interdisciplinarity Collaboration
- Cojocaru, M. (2010). Cultural diversity in international management. Review of Management and Economic Engineering, 9/nr. 4(38), 188, indexed in: ULRICH’S Periodicals Directory.Google Scholar
- Cook, A. D. (2007). Web-based learning: pros, cons and controversies. Clinical Medicine, 7(1), 37, January/February 2007, Minnesota, USA. Retrieved April 19, 2017, from http://www.tau.ac.il/medicine/cme/pituach/240210/4.pdf.
- Drambe, C. (2014). Depasirea crizei prin motivarea angajatilor. In S. Vaduva, & I. G. Pop (Eds.), The crisis, an incentive for innovation. 1st Griffiths School of Management Series (2nd ed., Oradea: Emanuel University Press, p. 95), ISBN: 978-606-8431-14-7.Google Scholar
- Ezhilchelvan, P., Khayyambashi, M. R. R., & Morgan, G. (2001). Measuring the cost of scalability and reliability for Internet-based, server-centered applications. In Object-oriented real-time dependable systems proceedings. sixth international workshop. IEEE, ISSN: 1530-1443. Retrieved April 19, 2017, from http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/945114/.
- Hetherington, P. (2013). 5 strategies for creating a collaborative classroom. Mimio Educator, Nov 4. Retrieved April 19, 2017, from http://blog.mimio.com/5-strategies-for-creating-a-collaborative-classroom.
- Jacob, W. J. (2015). Interdisciplinary trends in higher education. Palgrave Communications, 1, Article number: 15001. Retrieved April 19, 2017, from http://www.palgrave-journals.com/articles/palcomms20151.
- Kovács, L. A., & Talpoş, M. F. (2013). Internet and transdisciplinary based teamwork formula for elaborating a bachelor’s or a master’s thesis. In K. Elleithy, T. Sobh (Eds.), International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering (CISSE 13, December 12–14, 2013), University of Bridgeport, USA. Conference Proceedings published on DVD. The paper was also published in year 2015 in the volume New Trends in Networking, Computing, E-learning, Systems Sciences, and Engineering (pp. 445–452), ISBN: 978-1-4614-3534-1 (Print) 978-1-4614-3535-8 (Online) https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-06764-3, Springer.
- Kovács, L. A. (2014). Project for a model of teamwork formula for elaborating a bachelor’s/master’s thesis. In Asia-Pacific E-Business and E-Government conference (APEE 2014), November 29–30, 2014, Shanghai, China. Proceedings published on DVD. The paper is indexed by ISTP(CPCI-SSH) and CNKI.Google Scholar
- Moldovan, L. (2011). Innovative infrastructure and models for vocational training. In International conference on quality and innovation in engineering and management (p. 317). Cluj Napoca Technical University, ISBN: 978-973-662-614-2.Google Scholar
- Ţigănaş, A. (2010). Investing in people. Review of Management and Economic Engineering, 9/nr. 4(38), 125, indexed in: ULRICH’S Periodicals Directory.Google Scholar
- Zitter, I., De Bruijn, E., & Simons, R. J., & Ten Cate, Th. J. (2010). Adding a design perspective to study learning environments in higher professional education. The International Journal of Higher Education and Educational Planning, Online First. Retrieved April 19, 2017, from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/225507740_Adding_a_design_perspective_to_study_learning_environments_in_higher_professional_education.