Elements of Statistics and Probability
A brief discussion of elements of statistics and theory of probability is given as a necessary component of the reliability assessment of structures in design and in service conditions. Discussed are the definitions of probability of random events and of averages, probability distributions. Considered is the evaluation of averages and histograms when random process is recorded and analyzed. Discussed are the principles of approximation of empirical probability distribution of random variables and random processes.
- 1.Boccotti P (2000) Wave mechanics for ocean engineering, vol 64. Elsevier Science: 520 eBook ISBN: 9780080543727Google Scholar
- 2.Fisz M (1980) Probability theory and mathematical statistics. Krieger Pub Co: 677 ISBN 0898741793Google Scholar
- 3.Gatti PL (2005) Probability theory and mathematical statistics for engineers. Spon Press, London: 353 ISBN 0-415-25172-9Google Scholar
- 4.Gnedenko BV (2005) The theory of probability and the elements of statistics. AMS. ISBN 0-8218-3746-X http://www.ams.org
- 5.Gut A (2005) Probability: a graduate course. Springer. ISBN: 0-387-22833-0Google Scholar