Single- and Multi-objective Optimization of Traditional and Modern Machining Processes Using Jaya Algorithm and Its Variants
- 297 Downloads
This chapter describes the formulation of process parameters optimization models for traditional machining processes of turning, surface grinding and modern machining processes of wire electric discharge machining (wire EDM), electro-discharge machining (EDM), micro-electric discharge machining, electro-chemical machining (ECM), abrasive waterjet machining (AWJM), focused ion beam (FIB) micro-milling, laser cutting and plasma arc machining. The TLBO and NSTLBO algorithms, Jaya algorithm and its variants such as Quasi-oppositional (QO) Jaya, multi-objective (MO) Jaya, and multi-objective quasi-oppositional (MOQO) Jaya are applied to solve the single and multi-objective optimization problems of the selected traditional and modern machining processes. The results are found better as compared to those given by the other advanced optimization algorithms.
- Choobineh, F., Jain, V. K., (1990) Selection of ECM parameters: A fuzzy sets approach. In: Proceedings of the 1990 International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, IEEE, Los Angeles, CA, USA, pp. 430–435.Google Scholar
- Garg, M. P., Jain, A., & Bhushan, G. (2012). Modelling and multi-objective optimization of process parameters of wire electrical discharge machining using non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm-II. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 226(12), 1986–2001.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Rao, R. V. (2010). Advanced modelling and optimization of manufacturing processes: international research and development. London: Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- Rao, R. V., Rai, D. P., Balic, J. (2016b) Multi-objective optimization of machining and micro-machining processes using non-dominated sorting teaching–learning-based optimization algorithm. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10845-016-1210-5.
- Rao, R. V., Rai, D. P., Balic, J., Cus, F. (2017b) Optimization of abrasive waterjet machining process using multiobjective Jaya algorithm. Materials Today: Proceedings.Google Scholar