Application of Jaya Algorithm and Its Variants on Constrained and Unconstrained Benchmark Functions
- 305 Downloads
This chapter presents the results of application of Jaya algorithm and its variants like SAMP-Jaya and SAMPE-Jaya algorithms on 15 unconstrained benchmark functions given in CEC 2015 as well as 15 other unconstrained functions and 5 constrained benchmark functions. The results are compared with those given by the other well known optimization algorithms. The results have shown the satisfactory performance of Jaya algorithm and its variants for the considered CEC 2015 benchmark functions and the other constrained and unconstrained optimization problems. The statistical tests have also supported the performance supremacy of the variants of the Jaya algorithm.
KeywordsJaya Algorithm Unconstrained Benchmark Problems Fully Informed Particle Swarm (FIPS) Particle Swarm Optimization Learning Algorithm Maximum Function Evaluations
- Andersson, M., Bandaru, S., Ng, A. H. C., & Syberfeldt, A. (2015). Parameter tuned CMA-ES on the CEC’15 expensive problems. In IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation. Japan: Sendai.Google Scholar
- Joaquin, D., Salvador, G., Daniel, M., & Francisco, H. (2016). A practical tutorial on the use of nonparametric statistical tests as a methodology for comparing evolutionary and swarm intelligence algorithms. Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, 1(1), 3–18.Google Scholar
- Karaboga, D., & Basturk, B. (2007). Artificial bee colony (ABC) optimization algorithm for solving constrained optimization problems. LNAI 4529 (pp. 789–798). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Liang, J. J., Runarsson, T. P., Mezura-Montes, E., Clerc, M., Suganthan, P. N., Coello, C. A. C., & Deb, K. (2006) Problem definitions and evaluation criteria for the CEC 2006 special session on constrained real-parameter optimization, Technical Report, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/EPNSugan.
- Rao, R. V., & Saroj, A. (2018). An elitism based self-adaptive multi-population Jaya algorithm and its applications. Soft Computing, 1–24. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-018-3095-z.
- Zavala, A. E. M., Aguirre, A. H., & Diharce, E. R. V. (2005). Constrained optimization via evolutionary particle swarm optimization algorithm (PESO). Proc (pp. 209–216). Washington D.C.: GECCO.Google Scholar