Applications of Jaya Algorithm and Its Modified Versions to Different Disciplines of Engineering and Sciences
- 313 Downloads
After its introduction in 2016 by Rao (Int J Ind Eng Comput 7:19–34, 2016), the Jaya algorithm is quickly finding a large number of applications in different fields of engineering and science. This chapter presents an overview of the applications of the Jaya algorithm and its modifications published in reputed international journals since 2016 till March 2018.
KeywordsJaya Algorithm Shell And Tube Heat Exchangers (STHE) Teaching–learning-based Optimization (TLBO) TLBO Algorithm Functional Link Artificial Neural Network
- Abhishek, K., Kumar, V. R., Datta, S., & Mahapatra, S. S. (2017). Application of JAYA algorithm for the optimization of machining performance characteristics during the turning of CFRP (epoxy) composites: comparison with TLBO, GA, and ICA. Engineering with Computers, 33(3), 457–475CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Das, S. R., Mishra, D., & Rout, M. (2017). A hybridized ELM-Jaya forecasting model for currency exchange prediction, Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2017.09.006.
- Degertekin, S. O., Lamberti, L., & Ugur, I. B. (2017). Sizing, layout and topology design optimization of truss structures using the Jaya algorithm. Applied Soft Computing. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2017.10.001.
- Du, D. C., Vinh, H. H., Trung, V. D., Hong Quyen, N. T., & Trung, N. T. (2017). Efficiency of Jaya algorithm for solving the optimization-based structural damage identification problem based on a hybrid objective function. Engineering Optimization. https://doi.org/10.1080/0305215X.2017.1367392.MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Gambhir, M., & Gupta, S. (2018). Advanced optimization algorithms for grating based sensors: A comparative analysis. Optik. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2018.03.062.
- Jothi, G., Inbarani, H. H., Azar, A. T., & Devi, K. R. (2018). Rough set theory with Jaya optimization for acute lymphoblastic leukemia classification. Neural Computing and Applications. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-018-3359-7.
- Kumar, M., & Mishra, S. K. (2017). Jaya-FLANN based adaptive filter for mixed noise suppression from ultrasound images. Biomedical Research, 29(5) (in press).Google Scholar
- Michailidis, P. D. (2017). An efficient multi-core implementation of the Jaya optimisation algorithm. International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems, https://doi.org/10.1080/17445760.2017.141638.
- Mohebian, P., Mousavi, M., & Rahami, H. (2017). Simultanous optimization of size and connection arrangement for low-rise steel plate shear wall systems. Iran University of Science & Technology, 7(2), 269–290.Google Scholar
- Nayak, D. R., Dash, R., & Majhi, B. (2017). Development of pathological brain detection system using Jaya optimized improved extreme learning machine and orthogonal ripplet-II transform. Multimedia Tools and Applications. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-017-5281-x.
- Prakash, T., Singh, V. P., Singh, S. P., & Mohanty, S. R. (2017). Binary Jaya algorithm based optimal placement of phasor measurement units for power system observability. Energy Conversion and Management, 140, 34–35.Google Scholar
- Rao, R. V. (2016). Jaya: A simple and new optimization algorithm for solving constrained and unconstrained optimization problems. International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, 7, 19–34.Google Scholar
- Rao, R. V., Rai, D. P., & Balic, J. (2016b). A new optimization algorithm for parameter optimization of nano-finishing processes. Scientia Iranica. Transaction E, Industrial Engineering, 24(2), 868–875.Google Scholar
- Rao, R. V., Rai, D. P., & Balic, J. (2016c). Surface grinding process optimization using Jaya algorithm. In Computational intelligence in data mining (Vol. 2, pp. 487–495). New Delhi: Springer.Google Scholar
- Rao, R. V., & Saroj, A. (2016). Multi-objective design optimization of heat exchangers using elitist-Jaya algorithm. Energy Systems. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12667-016-0221-9.
- Rao, R. V., & Saroj, A. (2018a). Economic optimization of shell-and-tube heat exchanger using Jaya algorithm with maintenance consideration. ASME Transactions: Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications, 10, 041001-1–041001-12.Google Scholar
- Rao, R. V., & Saroj, A. (2018b). An elitism-based self-adaptive multi-population Jaya algorithm and its applications. Soft Computing. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-018-3095-z.
- Rao, R. V., Saroj, A., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2018). Design optimization of heat pipes using elitism-based self-adaptive multipopulation Jaya algorithm. Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.T5348.
- Rao, R. V., Saroj, A., Ocloń, P., Taler, J., & Taler, D. (2017b). Single-and multi-objective design optimization of plate-fin heat exchangers using Jaya algorithm. Heat Transfer Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1080/01457632.2017.1363629.