Environmental Temperature and Humidity Adaptability of Polymer-Modified Cement Mortar
It is well known that polymer can improve the performance of cement mortar, e.g., the workability, flexural strength, tensile bond strength, flexibility, and durability. But environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity variation influence the hydration of cement and the morphology of polymer in cement mortar. Therefore, the service environment will impact the performance of polymer-modified cement mortar. In recent years, researches on the influence of curing temperature and humidity variation on the properties of polymer-modified cement mortar are increasing, which refer to a wide range of temperature and humidity changes. This chapter summarizes the research progress in our laboratory on the effect of curing temperature and humidity on the properties of polymer-modified Portland cement mortar and polymer-modified calcium sulfoaluminate cement mortar.
The authors acknowledge the financial support by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51572196) and Sino-German Center for Research Promotion (GZ 1290).
- 1.Wang, P. M., Zhang, G. F., & Wu, J. G. (2004). Effect of polymer dry powders on bond strength of cement mortar under different maintenance conditions. Dry Mortar, 12, 37–39.Google Scholar
- 2.Li, F. (2011). Effect of curing condition on the performance of cement-based ceramic tile adhesive and its mechanism. Guangdong Building Materials, 10, 97–99.Google Scholar
- 3.Li, F., Yang, Y. Y., & Wu, J. G. (2004). Effect of curing conditions on mechanical properties of polymer modified cement mortar for bridge deck. Journal of Building Materials, 12, 37–39.Google Scholar
- 4.Ji, Y., & Zhang, J. (2009). Analysis of influence factors on adhesion between polymer modified mortar and EPS board. Proceedings of the 3rd national conference on commercial mortar, Wuhan, China, (pp. 73–78).Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, R., & Wang, P. M. (2009). Physical properties of SBR latex-modified mortar under different curing conditions. Journal of the Chinese Ceramic Society, 37, 2118–2123.Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, C. Y. (2013). The influences of curing regime on the tensile bond strength of cement mortar. Tongji University, Shanghai, China.Google Scholar
- 11.Shou, M. J. (2017). Influence of temperature and humidity on the tensile bond strength of polymer modified cement mortar. Tongji University, Shanghai, China.Google Scholar
- 12.Xia, F. (2015). Influence of curing conditions and substrates on the tensile bond strength of cement mortar. Tongji University, Shanghai, China.Google Scholar
- 13.Du, D. (2017). Effect of temperature and humidity on performance of cement-based decorative mortar. Tongji University, Shanghai, China.Google Scholar
- 14.Xu, Y. D. (2017). Early performance of styrene-butadiene rubber latex/calcium sulphoaluminate cement composite cementitious material under different conditions of temperature and humidity. Tongji University, Shanghai, China.Google Scholar