The Use of Polymer Additions to Enhance the Performance of Industrial and Residential Decorative Concrete Flooring
This paper provides an overview of an investigation into the use of various polymeric additions into ordinary concrete formulations in order to enhance the performance of such materials when used for decorative flooring in industrial, commercial and residential applications.
- 1.ACI 302.1 R-04. (2004). Guide for concrete floor and slab construction. American Concrete Institute (pp. 1–77).Google Scholar
- 2.ACI Committee. (1995). State-of-the-art report on polymer modified concrete. American Concrete Institute, ACI, 548, 1–47.Google Scholar
- 3.Depuy, G. W. (1996). Polymer modified concrete-properties and applications. Construction Repair, 10(2), 63–67.Google Scholar
- 4.Owens, G. (2012). Fundamentals of concrete, section edition (p. 134). Midrand: Cement and Concrete Institute.Google Scholar
- 5.Ramli, M., & Swamy, R. N. (1996). Development of polymer-modified cement systems for durable concrete construction. In M. W. Hussin (Ed.), Proceedings 3rd Asia Pacific conference on structural engineering and construction (APSEC ’96), Johor Bahru, Malaysia, (pp. 375–382).Google Scholar
- 6.Ramli, M., & Swamy, R. N. (1997). A rational mix design methodology for latex modified concrete. 3rd Southern African Conference on polymers in concrete. Johannesburg, South Africa.Google Scholar