Fast Group Paging Algorithm for Large-Scale MTC Systems
Group paging (GP) is an effective way to solve the serious congestion problem. Congestion problem usually is caused by lots of machine-type communication (MTC) devices communicating at the same time. A certain number of MTC devices in each time slot is been activated, and the number of MTC devices can achieve the maximum of resource utilization. First of all, the total number of MTC devices in each time slot should be calculated according to the different new arrivals in each time slot. By making the resources utilization maximum, the optimal number of total MTC devices can be obtained, from which the optimal number of arriving MTC devices in each time slot will be get. To estimate the total number of MTC devices for traffic scattering GP, a Fast Group Paging Algorithm (FGPA) is proposed, which aims to improve the performance of GP under the condition of massive MTC devices. FGPA is an iterative algorithm that converges fast and has low arithmetic complexity. The corresponding simulation results demonstrate that the proposed FGPA requires less number of iterations under the condition of the same estimation results of total number of MTC devices compared with the existing iterative algorithm.
KeywordsMachine-type communication Group paging Low-complexity iteration method Severe congestion
This work was supported by the State Major Science and Technique Project (MJ-2014-S-37), National Natural Science Foundation of China (61201134) and 111 Project (B08038).
- 1.Ali, A., Hamouda, W.: Cell search evaluation: a step towards the next generation LTE-MTC systems. In: 2016 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Ali, M.S., Hossain, E., Kim, D.I.: LTE/LTE-a random access for massive machine-type communications in smart cities. arXiv preprint arXiv:1608.03042 (2016)
- 3.Chang, C.W., Lin, Y.H., Ren, Y., et al.: Congestion control for machine-type communications in LTE-a networks. In: 2016 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Chang, C.T., Yang, S.R.: Modeling LTE group paging mechanism for machine-type communications. In: 2015 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), pp. 1295–1300. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Arouk, O., Ksentini, A., Taleb, T.: Group paging optimization for machine-type-communications. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 6500–6505. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.3GPP R2–104870. Pull Based RAN overload control, August 2010Google Scholar