Combining Computer Graphics and Feature for 3D Camera Tracking Based on CAD Model
A real-time 3D tracking system based on CAD model is proposed in this paper. The strategy in the tracking process includes both template-based and keypoint-based approaches. Compared with traditional CAD model-based tracking, a more accurate initial camera pose can be provided for the following feature-based operation which can accelerate the convergence of camera pose estimation. Using template-based method reduces the demand for textures of the tracking object to improve the universality of the system. Furthermore, adaptive visual feature extraction within the feature-based tracking is adopted in the experiment, and feature homogenization and other methods is also chosen to enhance the robustness and interference immunity of the system. Finally, the effectiveness and stability of the methods proposed in this paper is verified through the experiment of tracking targets in the image sequence.
KeywordsTemplate-based tracking Feature-based tracking CAD model
The work is sponsored by the Seed Foundation of Innovation and Creation for Graduate Students in Northwestern Polytechnical University (No. Z2017139).
- 1.Harris, C.: Tracking with Rigid Objects. MIT Press, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Wuest, H., Stricker, D.: Adaptive line tracking with multiple hypotheses for augmented reality. In: Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, pp. 62–69 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Gouet, B.L.V.: SAP: a robust approach to track objects in video streams with snakes and points. In: 15th British Machine Vision Conference, vol. 2, pp. 737–746 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Harris, C., Stephens, M.: A Combined corner and edge detector. In: Proceedings of the Fourth Alvey Vision Conference, pp. 147–151 (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Rubble, E., Rabaud, V.: ORB: an efficient alternative to SIFT or SURF. In: International Conference on Computer Vision, vol. 11, no. 58, pp. 2564–2571 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Vacchetti, L., Lepetit, V., Fua, P.: Combining edge and texture information for real-time accurate 3D camera tracking. In: International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, pp. 48–57 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Marchand, E., Chaumette, F.: Real-time markerless tracking for augmented reality: the virtual visual servoing framework. IEEE Trans. Vis. Comput. Graph. 12(4), 615–628 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Choi, C., Christensen, H.I.: Real-time 3D model-based tracking using edge and keypoint features for robotic manipulation. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Alaska, USA (2010)Google Scholar