Distributed Coverage Hole Detection Algorithm Based on Čech Complex
Coverage problem is essential to Wireless Sensor Networks on energy efficient deployment and monitoring. In this paper, we propose a distributed Čech complex algorithm for coverage hole detection in WSNs. Based on our algorithm, each node takes only local information to build Čech sub-complex. Simulations on randomly deployed nodes show that the algorithm achieves a comparable accuracy and a much lower communication cost than a centralized Čech complex construction. Furthermore, it can be combined with distributed Rips complex algorithm to gain an even better performance.
KeywordsCoverage problem Wireless Sensor Network Čech complex Distributed algorithm
This research was supported by 863 under grant No. 2015AA015802, NSF of China under grant No. U1401253 and No. 61373155.
- 1.Huang, C., Tseng, Y., Lo, L.: The coverage problem in three-dimensional wireless sensor networks. J. Interconnection Netw. 08(03), 3182–3186 (2015). vol. 5Google Scholar
- 2.Le, N.K., Martins, P., Decreusefond, L., et al.: Simplicial homology based energy saving algorithms for wireless networks. In: IEEE International Conference on Communication Workshop. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Martins, P.: Homologie simpliciale applique aux rseaux sans fil. Doctorat ParisTech, 2013-ENST-00xx (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Le, N.K., Martins, P., Decreusefond, L., et al.: Construction of the generalized Čech complex Complex. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 501–510 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Yan, F., Martins, P., Decreusefond, L.: Accuracy of homology based approaches for coverage hole detection in wireless sensor networks. In: IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp. 497–502 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Yan, F., Martins, P., Decreusefond, L.: Connectivity-based distributed coverage hole detection in wireless sensor networks. In: IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 1–6 (2011)Google Scholar