Online/Offline Sharing Life
This chapter, in continuation to Chap. 3, investigates the new concept of contemporary living influenced by digital technology and its relation with the urban spaces of consumption, connection and activity, which define the relationships’ places within the public space. A selection of case studies of shared spaces such as the HomePlus Subway Store by Tesco in Seoul, Inamo Restaurant by BlackSheep in London and Digital Metro Library by Humanitas and Vodafone in Bucharest are analysed in order to highlight a design strategy focused on reactivating urban space through the overlap between physical and digital spaces. The action of space virtualisation and digitalisation generates sharing behaviours. Specifically, the references taken in consideration represent examples of best practices which define actual examples of the activation of sharing behaviours in shared spaces.
- Boccia Artieri, G. (2012). Stati di connessione. Pubblici, cittadini e consumatori nella (Social) Network Society, Franco Angeli, Milan.Google Scholar
- Carta, M. (2004). Next city: Culture city. Rome: Meltemi.Google Scholar
- Castells, M. (2004a). La città delle reti. Venice: Marsilio.Google Scholar
- Castells, M. (2004b). La nascita della società in rete. Milan: EGEA.Google Scholar
- Dall’O, G. (2014). Smart city, il Mulino, Bologna.Google Scholar
- Desideri, P. (1997). Tra nonluoghi e iperluoghi verso una nuova struttura dello spazio pubblico. Genoa: Costa & Nolan.Google Scholar
- Doherty-Farina, S. (1996). The wired neighborhood. New Heaven: Yale University Press.Google Scholar
- Giardiello, P. (2011). iSpace: Oltre ai nonluoghi. Syracuse: Lettera Ventidue.Google Scholar
- Lèvy, P. (1996). L’intelligenza collettiva. Feltrinelli, Milan: Un’antropologia del cyberspazio.Google Scholar
- Meyrowitz, J. (1995). Oltre il senso del luogo. Baskerville, Bologna: Come i media influenzano il comportamento sociale.Google Scholar
- Mirti, S. (2012). Il mondo nuovo. Milan: Postmedia Books.Google Scholar
- Mitchell, W. (1997). La città dei bits. Milan: Electa.Google Scholar
- Sassen, S. (2002). Global networks, linked cities. New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Soja, E. (1996). Thirdspace: Journeys to Los Angeles and other real-and-imagined places. Oxford: Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Townsend, A. (2000). Life in the real-time city in Journal of Urban Technology.Google Scholar
- Hodges, J. How small shops economize by sharing space, www.entrepreneur.com.
- Kulp, K. The end of the restaurant as you know it, www.thedailybeast.com.
- McIntosh (2013). The future of the city, www.designmind.frogdesign.com.
- Mello, P. Cities in the digital age, www.designmind.frogdesign.com.
- Ratti, C. (2012). Smart city in wired, pp. 76–80. www.senseable.mit.edu.
- Petit Meurville, M., Pham, K., Trine, C., Shop on the go, www.businesstoday.in.