Two-Echelon System Stochastic Optimization with R and CUDA
Parallelizing of the supply chain simulator is considered in this paper. The simulator is a key element of the algorithm optimizing inventory levels and order sizes in a two-echelon logistic system. The mode of operation of the logistic system and the optimization problem are defined first. Then, the inventory optimization algorithm is introduced. Parallelization for CUDA platform is presented. Benchmarking of the parallelized code demonstrates high efficiency of the software hybrid.
KeywordsTwo-echelon problem Simulation-based optimization CUDA R
- 3.Groemping, U.: Fractional Factorial Designs with 2-Level Factors (2016). https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/FrF2/FrF2.pdf
- 6.Makhorin, A.: GLPK (GNU Linear Programming Kit) (2012). http://www.gnu.org/software/glpk/
- 7.Martin, P.J., Ayuso, L.F., Torres, R., Gavilanes, A.: Algorithmic strategies for optimizing the parallel reduction primitive in CUDA. In: Smari, W.W., Zeljkovic, V. (eds), HPCS, pp. 511–519. IEEE (2012). https://doi.org/10.1109/HPCSim.2012.6266966
- 8.NVIDIA CUDA Programming Guide (2016). http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-c-programming-guide/
- 9.Theussl, S., Hornik, K., Buchta, C., Schuchardt, H.: R/GNU Linear Programming Kit Interface (2016). https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rglpk/Rglpk.pdf