Part of the Problem Books in Mathematics book series (PBM)
In this chapter we briefly discuss the powerful method of generating functions, i.e., the use of power series in the analysis of counting problems that are inaccessible by the more elementary techniques presented so far.
- 3.T. Apostol, Calculus, Vol. 1 (Wiley, New York, 1967)Google Scholar
- 8.A. Caminha, An Excursion Through Elementary Mathematics I - Real Numbers and Functions (Springer, New York, 2017)Google Scholar
- 23.R. Honsberger, Mathematical Gems III (Washington, MAA, 1985)Google Scholar
- 33.W. Rudin, Principles of Mathematical Analysis, 3rd edn. (McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, 1976)Google Scholar
- 41.H. Wilf, Generatingfunctionology (Academic, San Diego, 1990)Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018