Volume of Solids
In this chapter we present the concept of volume of a solid and compute the volumes of various of the solids studied so far. Cavalieri’s principle will turn to be a central tool for our exposition; in particular, we shall use it to compute the volume of a sphere of a given radius.
- 3.T. Apostol, Calculus, Vol. 2 (Wiley, New York, 1967)Google Scholar
- 5.A. Caminha, An Excursion Through Elementary Mathematics I - Real Numbers and Functions (Springer, New York, 2017)Google Scholar
- 9.G.B. Folland, Real Analysis: Modern Techniques and Their Applications (Wiley, New York, 1999)Google Scholar
- 19.E.E. Moise, Elementary Geometry from an Advanced Standpoint (Addison-Wesley, Boston, 1963)Google Scholar
- 22.W. Rudin, Principles of Mathematical Analysis (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1976)Google Scholar