Extending PythonQA with Knowledge from StackOverflow
- 3.6k Downloads
Question and Answering (QA) Systems provide a platform where users can ask questions in natural language to a system and get answers retrieved from a knowledge base. The work proposed in PythonQA create a Question and Answer System for the Python Programming Language. The knowledge is built from the Python Frequent Answered Questions (PyFAQ). In this paper, we extend the PythonQA system by enhancing the Knowledge Base with Question-Answer pairs from the StackExchange Python Question Answering Community Site. Some tests were performed to analyze the impact of a richer Knowledge Base on the PythonQA system, increasing the number of answer candidates.
KeywordsQuestion and answering systems NLP StackExchange
This work has been supported by FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia within the Project Scope UID/CEC/00319/2013.
- 1.Ansari, A., Maknojia, M., Shaikh, A.: Intelligent question answering system based on artificial neural network. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Engineering and Technology (ICETECH), pp. 758–763 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Balakrishna, M., Werner, S., Tatu, M., Erekhinskaya, T., Moldovan, D.: K-extractor: automatic knowledge extraction for hybrid question answering. In: Proceedings - 2016 IEEE 10th International Conference on Semantic Computing, ICSC 2016 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Clark, A., Fox, C., Lappin, S.: The Handbook of Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing. Wiley-Blackwell (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Hoque, M.M., Quaresma, P.: A content-aware hybrid architecture for answering questions from open-domain texts. In: 2016 19th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), pp. 293–298 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Huang, X., Wei, B., Zhang, Y.: Automatic question-answering based on Wikipedia data extraction. In: 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering, ISKE 2015, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 314–317 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Lende, S.P., Raghuwanshi, M.M.: Question answering system on education acts using NLP techniques. In: IEEE WCTFTR - Proceedings of 2016 World Conference on Futuristic Trends in Research and Innovation for Social Welfare (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Ramos, M., Pereira, M.J.V., Henriques, P.R.: A QA system for learning python. In: Communication Papers of the 2017 FedCSIS, Prague, Czech Republic (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Rossum, G.: Python reference manual. Technical report, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (1995)Google Scholar