Face Detection in Internet of Things Using Blackfin Microcomputers Family
This paper describes a face detection system based on the Blackfin microcomputer architecture that may be used in an Internet of Things (IoT) context. The face detection algorithm is based on skin detection and scanning binary images to determine the face area. Further image processing may determine the eyes and mouth in order to extract main face characteristics. The face detection algorithm may be used in context of IoT to determine the searching area for eyes and mouth (e.g. for face recognition and emotion detection). The face detection algorithm is implemented using the Visual DSP++ integrated development environment and face detection is achieved in real time.
KeywordsFace detection Internet of Things Real time DSP processor
This work has been partially funded by UEFISCDI Romania under Bridge Grant project grant no. 60BG/2016 “Intelligent communications system based on integrated infrastructure, with dynamic display and alerting - SICIAD. The authors would like to thank to Florin Rosulescu for his support to this work.
- 5.Kim, M.H., Joo, Y.H., Park, J.B.: Emotion detection algorithm using frontal face image. In: 2015 International Conference on Control Automation and Systems (ICCAS 2005), 2–5 June 2005, Kintex, Gyeong Gi, Korea, pp. 2373–2378 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Soriano, M., Huovinen, S., Martinkauppi, B., Laaksonen, M.: Using the skin locus to cope with changing illumination conditions in color-based face tracking. In: IEEE Nordic Signal Processing Symposium, Kolmarden, Suedia, pp. 383–386 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Generalized Hough Transform. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~16385/spring15/lectures/Lecture6.pdf
- 9.Analog Devices, Blackfin BF533 EZ-Kit Lite evaluation board. http://www.analog.com/en/design-center/evaluation-hardware-and-software/evaluation-boards-kits/BF533-EZLITE.html#eb-overview
- 10.ADSP-BF537 Blackfin® Processor Hardware Reference. http://www.analog.com/media/en/dsp-documentation/processor-manuals/ADSP-BF537_hwr_rev3.4.pdf
- 12.VisualDSP++ 5.0 User’s Guide, Revision 3.0, August 2007Google Scholar