Generating Nonuniform Random Numbers
In this chapter we look at how to transform uniform random numbers into samples from other distributions. We only consider standard or commonly found distributions and develop a cookbook of transformations. We give code for the transformations and investigate the effects of different uniform generators on the output.
- 3.Devroye, Luc. Non-Uniform Random Variate Generation (1986): 524ff.Google Scholar
- 8.Kneusel, Ronald T. and Mozer, Michael C. “Improving Human-Machine Cooperative Visual Search With Soft Highlighting.” ACM Trans. Appl. Percept., 15 (2017): 3:1–3:21.Google Scholar
- 9.Bevington, Philip T. “Data reduction and error analysis for the physical sciences.” (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.Knuth, D.E.. Seminumerical Algorithms. The Art of Computer Programming (2nd ed.), Vol. 2, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA (1981).Google Scholar
- 11.Kemp, C. D., and Adrienne W. Kemp. “Poisson random variate generation.” Applied Statistics (1991): 143–158.Google Scholar