Deviance: Social Change and Control
Deviant behaviour can be described as a departure from social customs, values, norms and rules in various social contexts.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2011). Recorded crime—Victims, 2010. Canberra. Retrieved July 13, 2017, from www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@nsf/allprimaryfeatures/2A3238B5E80F7DA2CA257A15001904C2?opendocument.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2012). Year book of Australia 2012. Canberra.Google Scholar
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2016a). Recorded crime—Victims, 2015. Canberra. Retrieved July 13, 2017, www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@nsf/DetailsPage/45100DO002_2015.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2016b). Prisoners in Australia, 2016. Canberra. Retrieved August 6, 2017, from www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/DetailsPage/4517.02016?OpenDocument.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2017a). Recorded crime—Victims, 2015–2016. Canberra. Retrieved July 13, 2017, from www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@nsf/DetailsPage/4519.02015-16?OpenDocument.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2017b). Australian demographic statistics, December 2016. Canberra. Retrieved July 13, 2017, from www.abs.gov.au.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2017c). Recorded crime—Offenders, 2015–2016. Canberra. Retrieved July 17, 2017, from www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@nsf/DetailsPage/4519.
- Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS). (2017). Living together in Australia. Retrieved July 5, 2017, from https://aifs.gov.au/facts-and-figures/living-together-australia/living-together-australia-source-data#fifteen.
- Bandura, A. (1973). Social learning theory. New York: General Learning Press.Google Scholar
- Becker, G. S. (1974). Crime and punishment: An economic approach. In G. S. Becker & W. M. Landes (Eds.), Essays in the economics of crime and punishment. New York: Columbia University Press.Google Scholar
- Becker, G. S. (1992). The economic way of looking at life. Nobel Lecture, December 9, 1992. www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/1992/becker_lecture.pdf.
- Becker, H. S. (1995). Outsiders. In N. J. Herman (Ed.), Deviance—A symbolic interactionist approach. Lanham MD: General Hall.Google Scholar
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS). (2011). Justice expenditure and employment extracts program. Washington DC. Retrieved May 17, 2017, from www.ojp.usdoj.gov.
- Carson, E. A., & Anderson, E. (2016). Prisoners in 2015. Washington, DC: Bureau of Crime Statistics.Google Scholar
- Cohen, A. K. (1955). Delinquent boys. New York: Free Press.Google Scholar
- Durkheim, E. (1982). What is a social fact? In S. Lukes (Ed.) The rules of the sociological method [Les regles de la method sociologique (W. D. Halls, Trans.)]. New York: Free Press (1895).Google Scholar
- Durkheim, E. (1984). The division of labour in society [De la division du travail social (W. D. Halls, Trans.)]. London: Macmillan (1893).Google Scholar
- Easton, S., Furness, H., & Brantingham, P. (2014). The cost of crime in Canada. Vancouver BC: Fraser Institute.Google Scholar
- Eurostat (2017a). Crime and criminal justice statistics. Retrieved July 16, 2017, from http://ec.europa.eu/statistics-explained/index.php/Crime_criminal_justice_statistics.
- Eurostat (2017b). Population. Retrieved July 16, 2017, from http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/tmg/table.do?tab+table&init+1&plugin+18&pcode+tps00002&language=en.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). (2017). Crime in the United States 2015. Retrieved May 17, 2017, from http://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015).
- Gopal, N., & Marimuthu, B. (2014). A quantitative understanding of gender differentiated delinquent trends among school going adolescents in Chatsworth, Durban. Southern African Journal of Criminology, 27(2), 69–81.Google Scholar
- Hirschi, T. (1995). A control theory of delinquency. In N. J. Herman (Ed.), Deviance—A symbolic interactionist approach. Lanham MD: General Hall.Google Scholar
- Kohlberg, L. (1981). Essays on moral development. Vol. I: The philosophy of moral development. San Francisco: Harper & Row.Google Scholar
- Lemert, E. M. (1995). Secondary deviance and role conceptions. In N. J. Herman (Ed.), Deviance—A symbolic interactionist approach. Lanham MD: General Hall.Google Scholar
- Marwah, S. (2014). Mapping murder: Homicide patterns and trends in India—An analysis from 2000–2010. Journal of South Asian Studies, 2(2), 145–163.Google Scholar
- Mayhew, P. (2003). Counting the costs of crime in Australia. Canberra: Australian Institute of Criminology.Google Scholar
- Office for National Statistics (ONS). (2016). Incidents and rates of crime, by crime type and age of the victim. Crime survey of England and Wales. Retrieved August 2, 2017, from www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice.
- Ollove, M. (2016). Elderly inmates burden state prisons. Stateline (17 March 2016). Pew Charitable Trust. Retrieved November 27, 2017, from www.pewtrust.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2016/03/17elderly-inmates-burden-state-prisons.
- Rusche, G., & Dinwiddie, G. (1978). Labor market and penal sanction: Thoughts on the sociology of criminal justice. Crime and Social Justice, 10(2), 8.Google Scholar
- South African Police Service (SAPS). (2016). Annual crime report 2015/2016.Google Scholar
- Statistics Bureau of Japan (SBJ). (2016). Japan statistical yearbook 2016. Tokyo. Retrieved July 14, 2017, from www.stat.go.jp.
- Statistics Bureau Japan (SBJ). (2017a). Crime cases known by police by type of crime. Tokyo: Customised tabulation.Google Scholar
- Statistics Bureau Japan (SBJ). (2017b). Japan statistical yearbook 2017. Tokyo. Retrieved July 14, 2017, from www.stat.go.jp.
- Statistics Canada (SC). (2017a). Uniform crime report survey. Ottawa: Customised tabulations.Google Scholar
- Statistics Canada (SC). (2017b). Estimates of population by age and sex July 1, Canada, provinces and territories. Ottawa. Retrieved July 14, 2017, from www.statcan.gc.ca/cansim/a26?lang=eng&retrLang=eng&0001&pattern=&stByVal=1&p2=37&tabMode=dataTables&csid.
- Statistics Canada (SC). (2017c). Personal victimization incidents reported by Canadians, 2014. Ottawa. Retrieved July 29, 2017, from www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2015001/article/14241/tbl/tb104-eng.htm.
- Sutherland, E. H., Cressy, D. R., & Luckenbill, D. (1995). The theory of differential association. In N. J. Herman (Ed.), Deviance—A symbolic interactionist approach. Lanham MD: General Hall.Google Scholar
- Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Bra). (2016). Swedish crime survey 2016. Stockholm.Google Scholar
- Sweeney, M., Castro-Martin, T., & Mills, M. (2015). The reproductive context of cohabitation in comparative perspective: Contraceptive use in the United States, Spain, and France. Demographic Research, 32(5), 147–182. https://doi.org/10.4054/DemRes.2015.32.5. Retrieved July 3, 2017, from www.demographic-research.org/Volumes/Vol32/5/.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Truman, J. L., & Morgan, R. E. (2016). Criminal victimization, 2015. Washington, DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics.Google Scholar
- United Nations (UN). (2017). World population prospects—The 2017 revision. Volume I: Comprehensive Tables. New York.Google Scholar
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). (Undated). Total number of persons held without any sentencing decision, with a non-final sentencing decision and with a final sentencing decision. Vienna. Retrieved August 8, 2017, from www.unodc.org.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). (2014). Global study of homicide 2013. Vienna.Google Scholar
- United States Census Bureau (USCB). (2012). Statistical abstract of the United States 2012. Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- United States Census Bureau (USCB). (2017). Annual estimates of the resident population for selected age groups by sex for the United States, April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2017. Retrieved July 17, 2017, https://facrfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src+bkmk.
- Ventura, S. J. (2009). Changing patterns of nonmarital childbearing in the United States. NCHS Data Brief, 18. Hyattsville MD: National Center for Health Statistics.Google Scholar
- World Bank (WB). (2017). Gross domestic product per capita in purchasing power parities. Retrieved July 7, 2017, from http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?locations=HR-SE.
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018