Are the Drivers of Healthcare Change Changing Healthcare Outcomes?
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) measures success defined as improving the patient’s experience of care within the National Academy of Medicine’s six aims for healthcare improvement: safety, effectiveness, patient centeredness, timeliness, efficiency, and equity. Better health is defined as increasing the overall health of populations. Improved quality of care could reduce overall healthcare cost and the patient’s experience of care.
KeywordsPatient experience of care Healthcare improvement Population health
- 2.Institute of Medicine (U.S.). Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.Google Scholar
- 12.Americus Health Rankings Annual Report, 2017. https://www.americashealthrankings.org/learn/reports/2017-senior-report/executive-summary. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 14.Kaiser Family Foundation. Aiming for fewer hospital U-turns: the Medicare hospital readmission reduction program. Washington, DC: Kaiser Family Foundation; 2017.Google Scholar
- 19.Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Delivering better care at lower cost 9/16/14. https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Fact-sheets/2014-Fact-sheets-items/2014-09-16-2.html?DLPage=6&DLEntries=10&DLSort=0&DLSortDir=ascending. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 20.Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Bundled payments for care improvement (BPCI) initiative: General information. https://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/bundled-payments. Accessed 28 Oct 2017.
- 23.Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Data book: Beneficiaries dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid —June 2017 MedPAC | MACPAC. http://www.medpac.gov/docs/default-source/data-book/jun17_databookentirereport_sec.pdf?sfvrsn=0. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 27.Casillas GM. What do we know about health care access and quality in Medicare Advantage versus the traditional Medicare program? Kaiser Family Foundation. 2014. http://www.kff.org/medicare/report/what-do-we-know-about-health-care-access-and-quality-in-medicare-advantage-versus-the-traditional-medicare-program/. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.
- 30.American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation. Choosing Wisely Campaign. www.choosingwisely.org. Accessed 17 Nov 2017.