Building Bridges at the Arctic Science-Policy Interface
The Arctic is rapidly changing and increased atmospheric temperatures are resulting in the loss of sea ice cover, glacier retreat and changing snow and permafrost conditions. These transformations are not only affecting people and ecosystems in the Arctic but the entire Earth system.
- Rapid Climate Change in the Arctic. (2015). Polar Research as a Global Responsibility. Federal Ministry of Education and Research.Google Scholar
- Arctic Council. http://arctic-council.org/index.php/en.
- Guidelines of the German Arctic policy. (2013). Assume responsibility, seize opportunities. Federal Foreign Office.Google Scholar
- AWI Mission Statement. https://www.awi.de/en/about-us/organisation/profile/leitbild.html.
- German Arctic Office. http://www.arctic-office.de/en/.
- German Arctic Office Press Release. https://www.awi.de/nc/en/about-us/service/press/press-release/german-arctic-office-to-act-as-consultant-to-politics-and-industry.html.