Innovative Business Plans for H-BIM Application Related to Alternative Financing Opportunities for Cultural Heritage
Within the EU funded project “INCEPTION – Inclusive Cultural Heritage in Europe through 3D semantic modelling”, the use and application of H-BIM data is focused at. The project realizes innovation in 3D modelling of cultural heritage through an inclusive approach for time-dynamic 3D reconstruction of built and social environments.
The methods and tools will result in 3D models that are easily accessible for a wide range of user groups and interoperable by different hardware and software tools. One of the main aims of the project is to develop an open-standard Semantic Web Platform for Building Information Models for Cultural Heritage (H-BIM) to be implemented in user-friendly Augmented and Virtual Reality applications on mobile devices.
The Innovative Business Models for H-BIM applications related to alternative financing opportunities for cultural heritage is under development in order to exploit the results of the project. Nevertheless the innovative business modelling process is transferable on other cultural heritage driven projects. The objective is to achieve a sustainable viral reach of the data Platform and relevant apps by means of free of charge and open access applications, free use of general information, technical information and premium data at a reasonable price, involvement of large commercial and institutional players.
KeywordsHeritage BIM applications Business modeling Interoperability and data sharing
The INCEPTION project is under development by a consortium of fourteen partners from ten European countries led by the Department of Architecture of the University of Ferrara.
Academic partners of the Consortium, in addition to the Department of Architecture of the University of Ferrara, include the University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), the National Technical University of Athens (Greece), the Cyprus University of Technology (Cyprus), the University of Zagreb (Croatia), the research centers Consorzio Futuro in Ricerca (Italy) and Cartif (Spain).
The clustering of small medium enterprises includes: DEMO Consultants BV (The Netherlands), 3L Architects (Germany), Nemoris (Italy), RDF (Bulgaria), 13BIS Consulting (France), Z + F (Germany), Vision and Business Consultants (Greece).
The INCEPTION project has been applied under the Work Programme Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective Societies (Call - Reflective Societies: Cultural Heritage and European Identities, Reflective-7-2014, Advanced 3D modelling for accessing and understanding European cultural assets).
This research project has received funding from the European Union’s H2020 Framework Programme for research and innovation under Grant agreement no 665220.
- 1.Di Giulio, R., Maietti, F., Piaia, E.: 3D documentation and semantic aware representation of Cultural Heritage: the INCEPTION project. In: Proceedings of the 14th Eurographic Workshop on Graphics and Cultural Heritage, pp. 195–198. Eurographic Association (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Di Giulio, R., Maietti, F., Piaia, E., Medici, M., Ferrari, F., Turillazzi, B.: Integrated data capturing requirements for 3D semantic modelling of cultural heritage: the INCEPTION protocol. In: ISPRS International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, pp. 251–257 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Maietti, F., Di Giulio, R., Balzani, M., Piaia, E., Medici, M., Ferrari, F.: Digital memory and integrated data capturing: innovations for an inclusive cultural heritage in Europe through 3D semantic modelling. In: Ioannides, M., Magnenat-Thalmann, N., Papagiannakis, G. (eds.) Mixed Reality and Gamification for Cultural Heritage, pp. 225–244. Springer, Heidelberg (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y.: Business Model Generation. Campus, Frankfurt (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Gassmann, O., Frankenberger, K., Csik, M.: The Business Model Navigator. Pearson, Harlow (2015)Google Scholar