Secret Image Sharing for (k, k) Threshold Based on Chinese Remainder Theorem and Image Characteristics
Secret image sharing (SIS) based on Chinese remainder theorem (CRTSIS) has lower recovery computation complexity than Shamir’s polynomial-based SIS. Most of existing CRTSIS schemes generally have the limitations of auxiliary encryption and lossy recovery, which are caused by that their ideas are borrowed from secret data sharing. According to image characteristics and CRT, in this paper we propose a CRTSIS method for (k, k) threshold, based on enlarging the grayscale image pixel values. Our method owns the advantages of no auxiliary encryption and lossless recovery for grayscale image. We perform experiments and analysis to illustrate our effectiveness.
KeywordsSecret image sharing Chinese remainder theorem Image characteristics Lossless recovery
The authors would like to thank the anonymous reviewers for their valuable comments. This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Number: 61602491).
- 2.Chuang, T.W., Chen, C.C., Chien, B.: Image sharing and recovering based on Chinese remainder theorem. In: International Symposium on Computer, Consumer and Control, pp. 817–820 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Chunqiang, H., Xiaofeng, L., Di, X.: Secret image sharing based on chaotic map and Chinese remainder theorem. Int. J. Wavelets Multiresolut. Inf. Process. 10(3), 1250023 (2012). 18 pGoogle Scholar
- 4.Li, P., Yang, C.N., Kong, Q.: A novel two-in-one image secret sharing scheme based on perfect black visual cryptography. J. Real-Time Image Process. 1–10 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Shyu, S.J., Chen, Y.R.: Threshold secret image sharing by Chinese remainder theorem. In: IEEE Asia-Pacific Services Computing Conference, pp. 1332–1337 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Ulutas, M., Nabiyev, V.V., Ulutas, G.: A new secret image sharing technique based on Asmuth Bloom’s scheme. In: International Conference on Application of Information and Communication Technologies, AICT 2009, pp. 1–5 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Yan, W., Ding, W., Dongxu, Q.: Image sharing based on chinese remainder theorem. J. North China Univ. Tech 12(1), 6–9 (2000)Google Scholar