Formal probabilistic approaches are available to project managers to include foreseeable uncertainty and risk into their schedules. The formal probabilistic scheduling methods discussed in this chapter are Program Evaluation Review Technique (PERT), Monte Carlo Simulation and Graphical Evaluation Review Technique (GERT).
References and Additional Resources
- Goldratt EM (1997) Critical chain. North River Press, Great Barrington, MAGoogle Scholar
- Hendrickson C (2008) Project management for construction, 2nd Edition. Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA. http://pmbook.ce.cmu.edu/11_advanced_scheduling_techniques.html
- Moder JJ, Phillips CR, Davis EW (1983) Project management with CPM, PERT, and precedence diagramming. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Pritsker AAB, Sigal CE (1983) Management decision making a network simulation approach. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJGoogle Scholar
- Schtub A, Bard J, Globerson S (1994) Project management: engineering technology, and implementation. Prentice HallGoogle Scholar