Creation: Human Beings and Leadership
Ethical leadership is strengthened when we know that leadership itself is the mandate for human beings, are self-aware that human beings are influencers, and are cautious about centralized power. To be a human being is to be leading being, made for purposes of leadership in light of God’s activity of creating and ordering. Human beings are communal beings—men and women together reflect the image of God and bear the mission of God to extend Eden and must learn to lead in partnership even while exerting leadership over other persons to their benefit.
- Allen, Diogenes. 1998. “Jesus as Lord, Jesus as Servant.” Christian Century 115 (9). http://www.religion-online.org/article/jesus-as-lord-jesus-as-servant/.
- Barron, Robert. 2016. How to Discern God’s Will for Your Life. Accessed September 29, 2017. https://www.wordonfire.org/wof-site/media/wof-ebook-how-to-discern-gods-will-for-your-life.pdf.
- Beale, Gregory K. 2004. The Temple and the Church’s Mission: A Biblical Theology of the Dwelling Place of God. Grand Rapids, MI: InterVarsity Press.Google Scholar
- Beale, Gregory K., and Mitchell Kim. 2014. God Dwells Among Us: Expanding Eden to the Ends of the Earth. Grand Rapids, MI: InterVarsity Press.Google Scholar
- Brueggemann, Walter. 1986. “Genesis.” In Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching, edited by James L. Mays. Atlanta, GA: John Knox Press.Google Scholar
- Collins, James. 2001. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Made the Leap…and Others Don’t, 1st edition. New York, NY: HarperCollins.Google Scholar
- Coulter, Ann. October 12, 2000. “Oil Good; Democrats Bad.” Townhall. Accessed September 29, 2017. https://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2000/10/12/oil-good;-democrats-bad-n850347.
- Crouch, Andy. 2013. Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling. Grand Rapids, MI: IVP.Google Scholar
- Doukhan, Jacques B. 2014. “The Creation Narrative.” In Servants and Friends: A Biblical Theology of Leadership, edited by Skip Bell. Berrien Springs, MI: Andrews University Press.Google Scholar
- Gortner, David T. 2009. “Looking at Leadership Beyond Our Horizon.” Anglican Theological Review 91 (1, Winter): 119–142.Google Scholar
- Hauerwas, Stanley. 1991. A Commuity of Character: Toward a Constructive Christian Social Ethic. Notre Dame, IN: Notre Dame Press.Google Scholar
- Lake, Frank. 2005. Clinical Theology, Volumes 1 and 2. Initially Published by Dartman, Longman, and Todd in 1966. Lexington, KY: Emeth Press.Google Scholar
- MacGregor, Douglas. 1960. The Human Side of Enterprise. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- MacIntyre, Alasdair. 2007. After Virtue: A Study in Moral Theory, 3rd edition. Notre Dame, IN: UND Press.Google Scholar
- Maxwell, John C. April 8, 2013. “The Law of Awareness: 4 Questions to Help You Know Yourself.” Accessed October 3, 2017. http://www.johnmaxwell.com/blog/the-law-of-awareness-4-questions-to-help-you-know-yourself.
- Migliore, Daniel. 2014. Faith Seeking Understanding: An Introduction to Christian Theology, 3rd edition. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans.Google Scholar
- Nathan’s Famous. 2016. “Hot Dog Eating Contest.” Accessed October 3, 2017. https://nathansfamous.com/promos-and-fanfare/hot-dog-eating-contest/.
- NetMBA. 2010–2012. “Theory X and Theory Y.” Review of The Human Side of Enterprise, by Douglas MacGregor. Accessed October 4, 2017. http://www.netmba.com/mgmt/ob/motivation/mcgregor/.
- O’Donovan, Oliver. 1994. Resurrection and Moral Order: An Outline for Evangelical Ethics. Grand Rapids, MI: IVP.Google Scholar
- O’Donovan, Oliver. 2013. “Utility, Prudence, and Care.” Kolvenbach Center Lecture, November 2012. Accessed October 29, 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btY1FDilBbE&t=935s.
- Perry, Aaron. 2008. “Listening, Narrative and Atonement.” Wesleyan Theological Journal 43 (1): 133–145.Google Scholar
- Richter, Sandra L. 2008. The Epic of Eden: A Christian Entry into the Old Testament. Downers Grove, IL: IVP.Google Scholar
- Scazzero, Pete. 2013. The Emotionally Healthy Church: A Strategy for Discipleship that Actually Changes Lives. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.Google Scholar
- Senge, Peter. 2006. The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of Learning Organization. New York, NY: Doubleday. Google Scholar
- Smith, James K.A. 2016. You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit. Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press.Google Scholar
- Sports Illustrated. July 7, 1965. “A Quick Hard Right and a Needless Storm of Protest.” Accessed September 30, 2017. https://www.si.com/boxing/2015/09/24/muhammad-ali-sonny-liston-ii-phantom-punch.
- Wright, Nicholas T. 2016. The Day the Revolution Began: Reconsidering the Meaning of Jesus’ Crucifixion. New York, NY: HarperOne.Google Scholar