Analysis of Changes in Perception of Organizations Quality Maturity
Quality is one of the key factors leading to success. The existing organizations are not always consistent and equal in their knowledge and practical approach to quality. Already writing on this topic had been Ph. B. Cosby in 1970s, indicating that only a matured organization is capable of applying the continuous improvement principle. Since then, this kind of approach has evolved and now, in its scope, we can differentiate several aspects of maturity covering for example processes, human assets, knowledge or various forms of its evaluation, featured for instance in ISO standards. Issue of quality maturity of organizations, despite of nearly half-century existence, is still a developing research and scientific consideration area. Therefore, the main purpose of the study was to identify which research threads connected to quality maturity of organizations have been developed in scientific literature over the past years. In this article, the papers concerning questions related to quality maturity of organizations has been inspected. Obtained results have been presented as well as a time series, as a network, reflecting the coexistence of described issue with other concepts in certain scientific publications. During research there have been used not only the analysis of the time series, but also the method of network analysis. Described, in the article, research threads include, how was the quality management perceived by researchers and in which context it was most extensively being developed. Presented results could be interesting for people scientifically engaged in development of the quality management and companies’ maturity evaluation.
KeywordsQuality management Quality maturity Knowledge map
The research was conducted within S/WZ/1/2017 project and was financed from Ministry of Science and Higher Education funds.
- 4.Cosby PB (1979) Quality is free. MacGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Skrzypek E (2014) Dojrzałość jakościowa organizacji w świetle teorii i doświadczeń organizacji [Organizations’ qualitative maturity in theory and practice]. Marketing i Rynek 5:579–588Google Scholar
- 6.Łukasiński W (2016) Dojrzałość organizacji zarządzanej projakościowo. Polskie Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne, WarszawaGoogle Scholar
- 9.Liepiņa R, Lapiņa I, Mazais J (2014) Contemporary issues of quality management: relationship between conformity assessment and quality management, contemporary issues in business, management and education 2013. Procedia Soc Behav Sci 110:627–637. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.12.907 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Johnson K (2001) Philip B. Crosby’s mark on quality. Qual Prog 34(10):25–30Google Scholar
- 11.Gudanowska AE (2015) Tworzenie mapy wiedzy opartej na tematyce projektów badawczo - rozwojowych na przykładzie województwa podlaskiego [Creating knowledge maps based on the themes of R&D projects on the example of the Podlaskie region]. Econ Manage 7(1):257–270Google Scholar