The Reference Methodology of Prospective Analysis of Technology in Production Engineering
The aim of this document is to present the tools useful for the future-oriented analysis and assessment of the technology. The article presents the methods supporting observation and prediction of development of key technologies. The prospective analysis of technology is particularly useful when technologies are expensive and essential for the development of a country, region or company. This approach combines technology forecasting, technology assessment and technology foresight. During the literature review it was noted that these terms are often used interchangeably. Thorough literature studies allowed the author to clearly state that these concepts should not be equated. Technology assessment, forecasting of its development, and foresight studies form the basis for Prospective Analysis of Technology. Taking into account the potential for the prospective analysis of technology, the author proposes to use this process for the analysis of for priority road construction technologies.
KeywordsForesight Technology assessment Production engineering Technology management
The research was conducted within S/WZ/1/2014 project and was financed from Ministry of Science and Higher Education funds.
- 2.Ayres RU (1969) Technological forecasting and long-range planning. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Georghiou L, Harper JC, Keenan M, Miles I, Popper R (2008) The handbook of technology foresight: concepts and practice. PRIME series on research and innovation policy. Edward Elgar Publishing, CheltenhamGoogle Scholar
- 9.Cagnin C, Keenan M, Johnston R, Scapolo F, Barré R (2008) Future-oriented technology analysis. Strategic intelligence for an innovative economy. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 12.Nazarko Ł (2016) responsible research and innovation—a new paradigm of technology management. In: 9th international scientific conference business and management 2016, Vilnius, Lithuania, 12–13 May 2016. https://doi.org/10.3846/bm.2016.71
- 14.Nazarko J, Radziszewski R, Dębkowska K, Ejdys J, Gudanowska A, Halicka K, Kilon J, Kononiuk A, Kowalski KJ, Król JB, Nazarko Ł, Sarnowski Michał, Vilutienė T (2015) Foresight study of road pavement technologies. Procedia Eng 122:129–136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2015.10.016 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Radziszewski P, Nazarko J, Vilutiene T, Dębkowska K, Ejdys J, Gudanowska A, Halicka K, Kilon J, Kononiuk A, Kowalski KJ, Król JB, Nazarko Ł, Sarnowski M (2016) Future trends in road pavement technologies development in the context of environmental protection. The Baltic J Road Bridge Eng 11(2):160–168. https://doi.org/10.3846/bjrbe.2016.19 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Halicka K, Lombardi PA, Styczyński Z (2015) Future-oriented analysis of battery technologies. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on industrial technology, pp 1019–1024. https://doi.org/10.1109/icit.2015.7125231