Semantically-Oriented Business Process Visualization for a Data and Constraint-Based Workflow Approach
This paper introduces a novel approach which unifies a data-centric and a constraint-based workflow principle to support the requirements of knowledge intensive business processes. By the integration of a knowledge-based system, process definition and execution relevant data coincide on an ontology-based semantic net. The data, mainly driving the process, can be delivered by different sources or can be the result of an inference step by the underlying ontology. In such a case, AI technology plays an active role during the process execution and result in a division of labor with human actors. This paper presents a concept for a semantically-oriented process visualization for the introduced unified approach.
- 4.Card, S., Mackinlay, J.D., Shneiderman, B.: Readings in Information Visualization: Using Vision to Think. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Cohn, D., Hull, R.: Business artifacts: a data-centric approach to modeling business operations and processes. IEEE Data Eng. Bull. 32(3), 3–9 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Grumbach, L., Rietzke, E., Schwinn, M., Bergmann, R., Kuhn, N.: SEMAFLEX-semantic integration of flexible workflow and document management. In: CEUR Workshop Proceedings: LWDA, Potsdam, vol. 1670, pp. 43–50 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Pesic, M., Schonenberg, H., van der Aalst, W.M.P.: DECLARE: full support for loosely-structured processes. In: Proceedings - IEEE International Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Workshop, EDOC, pp. 287–298 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Sauer, T., Minor, M., Bergmann, R.: Inverse workflows for supporting agile business process management. In: Proceedings 6th Conference Knowledge Management, vol. 182, pp. 194–203 (2011)Google Scholar