Proposition of an Implementation Framework Enabling Benchmarking of Holonic Manufacturing Systems
Performing an overview of the benchmarking initiatives oriented towards the performance evaluation of Holonic Manufacturing Systems shows that there are very few of them. However, a comparison between all the isolated emulation developments for benchmarking in literature was made, and showed that many common features could be extracted. Several deadlocks for a generic approach of these developments are also exhibited. A global architecture dedicated to generic performance evaluation platform design is suggested. This architecture integrates a scenario manager, whose main specificities are detailed and justified. These features serve to both integrate the best practices encountered in literature and fulfil the missing aspects to respond to the problematic.
KeywordsVirtual commissioning Emulation Performance evaluation Benchmarking Simulation
- 2.Indriago, C., Cardin, O., Bellenguez-Morineau, O., Rakoto, N., Castagna, P., Chacòn, E.: Performance evaluation of holonic control of a switch arrival system. Concurr. Eng. https://doi.org/10.1177/1063293X16643568
- 11.Gamboa, Q.F., Cardin, O., L’Anton, A., Castagna, P.: Virtual commissioning-based development and implementation of a service-oriented holonic control for retrofit manufacturing systems. In: Borangiu, T., Trentesaux, D., Thomas, A., McFarlane, D. (eds.) Service Orientation in Holonic Multi-Agent Manufacturing, pp. 233–242. Springer International Publishing (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Kruger, K., Basson, A.: Validation of a holonic controller for a modular conveyor system using an object-oriented simulation framework. In: Borangiu, T., Trentesaux, D., Thomas, A., Leitao, P., Barata, J. (eds.) Service Orientation in Holonic and Multi-agent Manufacturing, pp. 427–435. Springer International Publishing, (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Dobrescu, R., Merezeanu, D.: Simulation platform for virtual manufacturing systems. In: Borangiu, T., Trentesaux, D., Thomas, A., Leitao, P., Barata, J. (eds.) Service Orientation in Holonic and Multi-agent Manufacturing, pp. 395–404 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Rocha, A.D., Barroca, P., Maso, G.D., Oliveira, J.B.: Environment to simulate distributed agent based manufacturing systems. In: Borangiu, T., Trentesaux, D., Thomas, A., Leitao, P., Barata, J. (eds.) Service Orientation in Holonic and Multi-agent Manufacturing, pp. 405–416 (2017)Google Scholar