We review basic algorithm structure and provide a brief and dense review of the main principles of sequential algorithm design and analysis with focus on graph algorithms. We then provide a short survey of NP-completeness with example NP-hard graph problems. Finally, we briefly review the major algorithm design methods showing their implementations for graph problems.
- 1.Cormen TH, Stein C, Rivest RL, Leiserson CE (2009) Introduction to algorithms, 3rd edn. MIT Press, Cambridge ISBN-13: 978-0262033848Google Scholar
- 2.Dasgupta S, Papadimitriou CH, Vazirani UV (2006) Algorithms. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Garey MR, Johnson DS (1979) Computers and intractability: a guide to the theory of NP completeness. W.H Freeman, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Karger D (1993) Global min-cuts in RNC and other ramifications of a simple mincut algorithm. In: Proceedings of the 4th annual ACM-SIAM symposium on discrete algorithmsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Kleinberg J, Tardos E (2005) Algorithm design, 1st edn. Pearson, London ISBN-13: 978-032129535Google Scholar
- 6.Skiena S (2008) The algorithm design manual. Springer, Berlin ISBN-10: 1849967202Google Scholar