New Approach to Architectural Design Education
Architectural design is a creative activity whose aim is to determine the formal qualities of objects produced by art. These formal qualities are not only the external features but principal those structural and functional relationships which convert a system to a coherent unity from the point of view of user. Architectural design extends to embrace all the aspects of human environment which are conditioned by architectural production, besides designer occupies a fairly wide band on the spectrum of human experience. The arranging of a creative collaboration between different professional groups has never been easy and constitutes a classic problem of reconciliation. Design is perhaps a special case as architects have been on divergent educational and professional paths.
In the direction of all these current debates and statements, this investigation suggests a survey conducted to provide a better understanding through a case study of Nisantasi University’s Architecture Program. The design considerations and general background must be related to the actual means of production available for the specific application. In this paper it is explained that a complete harmony is required in this relationship for real success.
KeywordsArchitecture Architecture design education University and industry
- 1.Gürdallı, H.: Mimarın Formasyonunda Formel Mimarlık Eğitiminin Yeri, Doktora tezi, İstanbul Teknik Üniversitesi, İstanbul (2004). (in Turkish)Google Scholar
- 2.Nalçakan, H.: Küreselleşen Dünyada Mimarlık Eğitimi ve Türkiye, Yüksek lisans tezi, Yıldız Teknik Üniversitesi, İstanbul (2006). (in Turkish)Google Scholar
- 3.Nalçakan, H., Polatoğlu, Ç.: Türkiye’deki ve Dünya’daki Mimarlık Eğitiminin Karşılaştırmalı Analizi ile Küreselleşmenin Mimarlık Eğitimine Etkisinin İrdelenmesi. YTÜ Arch. Fac. E-J. 3, 79–103 (2008). (in Turkish)Google Scholar
- 4.TMMOB Mimarlar Odası: Mimarlık ve Eğitim Kurultayı V – Kasım 2009, Ankara, Mart 2010. (in Turkish)Google Scholar
- 5.Mimarlık ve Eğitim Kurultayı–3: Mimarlık ve Eğitimi Yeniden Yapılanırken, TMMOB Mimarlar Odası, İstanbul (2006). (in Turkish)Google Scholar