Presentation Skills of Mentor Teachers
Since 2011, we have been educating mentor teachers in four semester further training. Mentor teachers can support the preparation process of our engineering teacher students in secondary vocational schools by coaching their teaching practice. They have high standard expectations to learn the newest knowledge based on the most modern educational technology. It was important and interesting to get acquainted with presentation skills of mentor teachers, their knowledge about preparedness and success on that field. In 2016 we had organized a survey to measure presentation skills of mentor teachers and how they can use it in teaching learning process.
For the survey we had elaborated a questionnaire. The purpose of questionnaire was to survey in four parts the presentation skills of mentor teachers. The goal of survey was to define how frequently they use presentations in their work, what kind of lack they have in editing process and how can we support their application of presentations in mentor and teaching work.
In this study we described only the basic elements of survey. Deeper evaluation of data is in process. The survey raised our attention that further development of presentation skill needs methodology upgrading of our teaching process.
KeywordsPresentation skills Mentor teaching Theoretical training Learning pedagogy
- 1.Toth, P., Rudas, I.J.: New methods for course development and management in engineering education. In: Ali, A., Abab, M., Santosa, B. (eds.) 4th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Indonesia, Bali, pp. 1865–1874. Curran Associates, Inc. (2014). ISBN: 978-0-9855497-1-8Google Scholar
- 2.Toth, P.: New possibilities for adaptive online learning in engineering education. In: Ali, A., Abab, M., Plaha, R., Rahim, A. (eds.) International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, United Arab Emirates, Dubai, pp. 2242–2246. Curran Associates, Inc. (2015). ISBN: 978-0-9855497-2-5Google Scholar
- 3.Simonics, I.: Preparation for information processing of mentor teachers In: International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning, Florence, Italy, Piscataway, pp. 536–539. International Society for Engineering Pedagogy (IGIP) (2015). ISBN: 978-1-4799-8706-1Google Scholar
- 4.Holik, I.: Experience and possibilities of information processing in training of mentor teachers. In: Szakál, A. (ed.) IEEE 13th International Symposium on Applied Machine Intelligence and Informatics, SAMI 2015, Herlany, Slovakia, pp. 219–222. IEEE Hungary Section (2015). ISBN: 978-1-4799-8220-2; 978-1-4799-8221-9Google Scholar
- 5.Molnár, G.: The impact of modern ICT-based teaching and learning methods in social media and networked environment. In: Turčáni, M., Balogh, Z., Munk, M., Benko, L. (eds.) 11th International Scientific Conference on Distance Learning in Applied Informatics, Štúrovo, Slovakia, pp. 341–351. Wolters Kluwer, Nitra (2016). ISBN: 978-80-7552-249-8Google Scholar
- 6.Alshare, K., Hindi, N.M.: The importance of presentation skills in the classroom: students and instructors perspectives. J. Comput. Sci. Coll. 19(4), 6–14 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Darling-Hammond, L.: Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness – How Teacher Performance Assessments Can Measure and Improve Teaching, p. 36. Center for American Progress, Washington (2010)Google Scholar