Work in Progress: Real-Time Annotations of Video-Lectures
We present our work about the development of a system, which allows taking notes during a lecture, and having the notes integrated in the video recording of the lecture itself. The notes become semantic markers into the video, and could possibly be shared with peers and teacher.
This work has been performed in the context of the MIUR project CTN01_00034_393801 “Città Educante”.
- 3.Davis, R.C., Landay, J.A., Chen, V., Huang, J., Lee, R.B., Li, F.C., Schilit, B.N.: NotePals: lightweight note sharing by the group, for the group. In: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 338–345. ACM, May 1999Google Scholar
- 4.Robertson, S.P., Vatrapu, R., Abraham, G.: Note taking and note sharing while browsing campaign information. In: 42nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, HICSS 2009, pp. 1–10. IEEE, January 2009Google Scholar
- 5.Miura, M., Kunifuji, S., Sakamoto, Y.: Airtransnote: an instant note sharing and reproducing system to support students learning. In: Seventh IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT 2007, pp. 175–179. IEEE, July 2007Google Scholar
- 6.Miyake, N., Masukawa, H.: Relation-making to sense-making: Supporting college students’ constructive understanding with an enriched collaborative note-sharing system. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference of the Learning Science, pp. 41–47, April 2013Google Scholar
- 7.Chiu, P.S., Chen, H.C., Huang, Y.M., Liu, C.J., Liu, M.C., Shen, M.H.: A video annotation learning approach to improve the effects of video learning. In: Innovations in Education and Teaching International, pp. 1–11 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Ronchetti, M.: Using the Web for diffusing multimedia lectures: a case study. In: Proceedings of EdMedia: World Conference on Educational Media and Technology. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), pp. 337–340 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Amendola, D., Perali, A., Vitali, D.: Using video-lectures in e-learning platform to improve physics teaching at university level. In: Proceedings of EDULEARN 2017 Conference, Barcelona, Spain, 3rd–5th July 2017, pp. 10018–10024 (2017). ISBN 978-84-697-3777-4Google Scholar
- 10.Ronchetti, M., Lattisi, T., Zorzi, A.: Architecture for a video–lecture annotation system. In: Proceedings of EDULEARN 2017 Conference, Barcelona, Spain, 3rd–5th July 2017, pp. 2496–2504 (2017). ISBN 978-84-697-3777-4Google Scholar
- 11.Ronchetti, M.: Using video lectures to make teaching more interactive. Int. J. Educ. Technol. 5(2), 45–48 (2010)Google Scholar