The Value of ‘Measuring’ RRI Performance in Industry
- 240 Downloads
Within the EU funded project ‘PRISMA’ (Piloting Responsible research and innovation in Industry: a roadmap for tranSforMAtive technologies, 2016-2019) we aim to (Cooper and Kleinschmidt 1995) help industries implement Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) strategies in their innovation processes, as part of their CSR policy, and (2) to provide evidence on how an RRI approach and explicit attention for the gender dimension can improve the innovation process and its outcomes. As part of our approach, we developed a method to intuitively score performance on certain RRI dimensions. The scoring method builds upon an earlier innovation quality monitoring tool, called the ‘success factor based live innovation project scoring and evaluation’ tool, and expands this tool with specific RRI elements. In this paper, we elaborate on the development of this scoring tool, and its potential value as a strategy to implement RRI in industrial innovation practice.
- European Commission (2015) Indicators for promoting and monitoring responsible research and innovation. DG Res Innov ISBN 978-92-79-43169-2 https://doi.org/10.2777/9742
- Hin G, Daigney M, Haudebault D, Raskin K, Bouche Y, Pavie X, Carthy D (2014) Introduction to a guide to entrepreneurs and innovation support organizations. EU funded project report by Paris Region Enterprises and Knowledge Acceleration Responsible Innovation Meta (KARIM) network 1–60. (Nahuis R, Moors EHM, Smits REHM, (2012) User producer interaction in context. Technol Forecast Soc Chang 79(6):1121–1134)Google Scholar
- Ravn T, Nielsen MW, Mejlgaard N (2015) Metrics and indicators of responsible research and innovation. Progress report D3.2 of the EU-funded Monitoring the Evolution and Benefits of Responsible Research and Innovation (MoRRI) project. 1–92Google Scholar
- Scholten V, Cuppen E, Flipse S, Calon R, Van den Hoven J (2016) Rewarding RRI—a case study collection of the european foundations award for responsible research and innovation. A publication of the King Baudouin Foundation, pp 1–85Google Scholar
- Van der Panne G, Van Beers C, Kleinknecht A (2003) Success and failure of innovation: a literature review. Int J Innov Manag 7(3):1–30Google Scholar