DREAM Data Activity
DREAM has a 15-year-long history [1, 2]. We immediately realised that we could not provide excellent treatment without recording all the clinical, social and operational data of the healthcare centre quickly, efficiently and systematically; this is why, since the beginning, all this information has been recorded in a database that has grown over the years and that has made it possible for us to analyse the trend of every healthcare centre. The data concerning the activities performed is very impressive and expresses the growth of the DREAM programme very well.
As of June 2017, we have treated over 250,000 patients, 70,000 of whom children, in 11 African countries.
4,047,899 appointments for dispensing the pharmacological therapy
2,614,100 appointments for medical examinations
1,637,305 appointments for taking blood samples
KeywordsData analysis EMR (electronic medical records) His Dream software Data Paperless
- 1.Emberti Gialloreti L, Palombi L, Buonomo E, Guidotti G, Nathave I, Liotta G, Marazzi MC. Pilot programme for prevention and treatment of AIDS in Mozambique. XII International Conference on AIDS and STDs in Africa, 9–13/12/2001, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Abs Book, p 59, N.10 pt 3–206Google Scholar
- 2.Liotta G, Mancinelli S, Riccardi F, Palombi L, Marazzi MC, Narciso P, Emberti Gialloreti L. A protocol for the therapy of HIV infection and the prevention of mother-to-child transmission in Mozambique. XIV International AIDS Conference, Barcellona 7–12–Jul 2002. Vol II, D11394.Google Scholar
- 3.Andrea Nucita, Giuseppe M Bernava, Michelangelo Bartolo, Fabio Di Pane Masi, Pietro Giglio, Marco Peroni, Giovanni Pizzimenti and Leonardo Palombi. Global approach to the management of EMR (Electronic Medical Records) of patients with HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa: the experience of DREAM Software.Google Scholar
- 4.Benefits and challenges of EMR implementations in low resource settings: a state-of-the-art review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5011989/
- 5.Telemedicine for HIV Prevention and Treatment in Sub-Saharan Africa – M. Bartolo – Community of Sant’Egidio, Telemedicine Manager S. Giovanni, M. Peroni, S. Benedetti. P. Del Bove, A. Nucita, F. Di Pane, G.M. Bernava – Community of Sant’Egidio, L. Palombi – University of Tor Vergata – Rome, P. Giglio – DREAM Program.Google Scholar
- 6.Marazzi MC, Palombi L, Gennaro E, Buonomo E, Scarcella P, Mancinelli S, Doro Altan AM, Ceffa S, Staniscia T, Lotta G. Epidemia da HIV/AIDS: il potenziale ruolo protettivo della HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy) nel controllo della mortalità materna. Risultati del Programma DREAM. Atti della XII Conferenza Nazionale di Sanità Pubblica. Roma 12–15 ottobre 2011. Comunicazione 583, p. 429.Google Scholar
- 7.Liotta G, Marazzi M, Mothibi K, Zimba I, Amangoua E, Bonje E, Bossiky B, Robinson P, Scarcella P, Musokotwane K, Palombi L, Germano P, Narciso P, de Luca A, Alumando E, Mamary S, Magid N, Guidotti G, Mancinelli S, Orlando S, Peroni M, Buonomo E, Nielsen-Saines K. Elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV infection: the drug resource enhancement against AIDS and malnutrition model. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12(12):13224–13239.Google Scholar