A Microscopic Model of Redistribution of Individuals Inside an ‘Elevator’
We present and qualitatively analyze a stochastic microscopic model of redistribution of individuals inside a domain which can be thought as representing an elevator. The corresponding mesoscopic model is also derived.
KeywordsMarkov jump processes Microscopic model Individuals Elevator
Mathematics Subject Classification (2010)Primary: 00A69 35R09 35Q91; Secondary: 91B72. 91B74 39A30
This work was completed with the support of the university of Messina through the grant Visiting Professor 2016.
- 1.I. Altman, The Environment and Social Behavior: Privacy, Personal Space, Territory, Crowding (Brooks/Cole, Monterey, CA, 1975)Google Scholar
- 5.M. Dolfin, D. Knopoff, M. Lachowicz, A. Schadschneider, Monte Carlo simulation of space redistribution in an inflow process of individuals, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 6.M. Dolfin, M. Lachowicz, Z. Szymańska, A General Framework for Multiscale Modeling of Tumor – Immune System Interactions, In Mathematical Oncology, ed. by A. d’Onofrio, A. Gandolfi (Birkhäuser, Basel, 2014), pp. 151–180Google Scholar
- 9.T. Ezaki, K. Ohtsuka, D. Yanagisawa, K. Nishinari, Inflow process: a counterpart of evacuation, in Traffic and Granular Flow 2013, ed. by M. Chraibi, M. Boltes, A. Schadschneider, A., Seyfried (Springer, Berlin, 2015), pp. 227–231Google Scholar
- 10.T. Ezaki, K. Ohtsuka, M. Chraibi, M. Boltes, D. Yanagisawa, A. Seyfried, A. Schadschneider, K. Nishinari, Inflow process of pedestrians to a confined space. Collective Dyn. 1(A:4), 1–18 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.K.A. Forche, Stochastic model of pedestrian inflow to a confined space, Mater’s thesis, University of CologneGoogle Scholar
- 12.E.T. Hall, The Hidden Dimension (Anchor Books, New York, 1966)Google Scholar
- 19.R. Rudnicki, Models of population dynamics and their applications in genetics, ed. by M. Lachowicz, J. Miȩkisz. From Genetics to Mathematics (World Scientific, Singapore, 2009), pp. 103–147Google Scholar