The chapter deals with the topic of base isolation system of structures. A description of the various systems that are used in structures is presented. In addition, different techniques for installing these systems in buildings are described and suggested.
- Aiken I (1997) Dampers for seismic protection: 1. Friction and viscous damper; 2. Viscoelastic and metallic dampers. In: Technical seminar on seismic isolation and energy dissipation technology, vol 11Google Scholar
- Blakeley R (1982) Code requirements for base isolated structures. In: Proceedings international conference on natural rubber for earthquake protection of buildings and vibration isolationGoogle Scholar
- Den Hartog J (1956) Mechanical vibrations. Dover PublicationsGoogle Scholar
- Filiatrault A, Christopoulos C (2006) Principles of passive supplemental damping and seismic isolation. IUSS Press, PaviaGoogle Scholar
- Iwan WD (1965) The steady-state response of the double bilinear hysteretic model. ASME, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Kelly J, Naeim F (1999) Design of seismic isolated structures, from theory to practice. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- NTC-08 (2008) Nuove Norme Tecniche per le Costruzioni. Gazzetta Ufficiale della Repubblica ItalianaGoogle Scholar