This chapter formulates the structural dynamics problem for structures that can be idealized as systems with a massless supporting element, a lamped mass and an equivalent viscous damping element. The equations of motion are formulated for a single-degree-of-freedom system.
- Chopra AK (2001) Dynamics of structures: theory and applications to earthquake engineering, 2nd edn. Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle RiverGoogle Scholar
- Clough R, Penzien J (1993) Dynamic of structures. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- D’Alembert JLR (1743) Traité de dynamique, 1st edn. David, Paris. (Reprint of the second augmented edition (1758) by Gauthier-Villars Publishers, in two volumes, Paris, 1925; also Facsimile reprint by Editions Gabay, Paris, 1998)Google Scholar
- Friswell M, Mottershead JE (2013) Finite element model updating in structural dynamics, vol 38. Springer Science & Business MediaGoogle Scholar
- Hertz H (1894) Die Prinzipien der Mechanik, vol 3. JA Barth, LeipzigGoogle Scholar
- Humar J (2012) Dynamics of structures. Prentice Hall, Englewood CliffsGoogle Scholar