Discrete Gamma Approximation in Retrial Queue MMPP/M/1 Based on Moments Calculation
In the paper, the retrial queueing system of MMPP/M/1 type is considered. The process of the number of calls in the system is analyzed. The method for the approximate calculation of the first and the second moments is suggested. We propose the method of the discrete gamma approximation based on obtained moments. The numerical analysis of the obtained results for different values of the system parameters is provided. Comparison of the distributions obtained by simulation and the approximate ones is presented.
KeywordsRetrial queueing system MMPP Discrete gamma distribution Calculation of moments
The publication was financially supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (the Agreement number 02.a03.21.0008).
- 2.Aissani, A.: Heavy loading approximation of the unreliable queue with repeated orders, pp. 97–102 (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Anisimov, V.: Asymptotic analysis of highly reliable retrial systems with finite capacity. In: Queues, Flows, Systems, Networks: Proceedings of the International Conference Modern Mathematical Methods of Investigating the Telecommunication Networks, pp. 7–12. Minsk (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Anisimov, V.: Asymptotic analysis of reliability for switching systems in light and heavy traffic conditions, pp. 119–133. Birkhäuser Boston, Boston (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Cohen, J.: Basic problems of telephone traffic and the influence of repeated calls. Philips Telecommun. Rev. 18(2), 49–100 (1957)Google Scholar
- 12.Elldin, A., Lind, G.: Elementary Telephone Traffic Theory. Ericsson Public Telecommunications, Stockholm (1971)Google Scholar
- 17.Gosztony, G.: Repeated call attempts and their effect on traffic engineering. Bell Syst. Tech. J. 2, 16–26 (1976)Google Scholar
- 24.Moiseeva, E., Nazarov, A.: Asymptotic analysis of RQ-systems \(M/M/1\) on heavy load condition. In: Proceedings of the IV International Conference Problems of Cybernetics and Informatics, pp. 64–166. Baku, Azerbaijan (2012)Google Scholar
- 25.Nazarov, A., Chernikova, Y.: Gaussian approximation of distribution of states of the retrial queueing system with r-persistent exclusion of alternative customers. In: Dudin, A., Nazarov, A., Yakupov, R. (eds.) ITMM 2015. CCIS, vol. 564, pp. 200–208. Springer, Cham (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-25861-4_17 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 26.Nazarov, A., Tsoj, S.: Common approach to studies of Markov models for data transmission networks controlled by the static random multiple access protocols. Autom. Control Comput. Sci. 4, 73–85 (2004)Google Scholar
- 31.Ridder, A.: Fast simulation of retrial queues. In: Third Workshop on Rare Event Simulation and Related Combinatorial Optimization Problems, Pisa, Italy, pp. 1–5 (2000)Google Scholar
- 32.Roszik, J., Sztrik, J., Kim, C.: Retrial queues in the performance modelling of cellular mobile networks using MOSEL. Int. J. Simul. 6, 38–47 (2005)Google Scholar
- 34.Stepanov, S.: Asymptotic analysis of models with repeated calls in case of extreme load. Prob. Inf. Transm. 29(3), 248–267 (1993)Google Scholar