Planning and Implementing Pop-up Activities: Pre Pop-up Stage
- 1.2k Downloads
This chapter outlines the decision areas in the pre pop-up stage, which comprise a range of interconnected broad decision areas involved in developing the retail strategy mix of the specific pop-up activity, including Timing, Location, Store Atmospherics, Operating Practicalities and Marketing Communications.
- Appear Here. (2015). An introduction to pop-up shops. https://www.appearhere.co.uk/inspire/guides/test. Accessed 22 April 2015.
- Beekmans, J., & de Boer, J. (2014). Pop-up city: City-making in a fluid world. Amsterdam: BIS Publishers.Google Scholar
- Bladen, C., Kennell, J., Abson, E., & Wilde, N. (2012). Events management: An introduction. Abingdon: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Centre for Economics and Business Research [CEBR]. (2015). Britain’s pop-up retail economy 2015. London CEBR. https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/everything-everywhere/documents/Pop-Up%20Economy%202015.pdf. Accessed 14 April 2016.
- Cradlepoint (2015). Pop-up retail and instant networks. https://cradlepoint.com/sites/default/files/Content/white-paper-pop-up-retail.pdf. Accessed 5 June 2016.
- Getz, D. (2012). Event studies: Theory, research and policy for planned events (2nd ed.). Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.Google Scholar
- Gregory, S. (2009, Nov 6). Why pop-up shops are hot. Time. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1940675,00.html. Accessed 6 November 2016.
- Marciniak, R., & Budnarowska, C. (2009). Marketing approaches to pop-up stores: Exploration of Social Networking. Paper presented at 15th Conference of the European Association of Education and Research in Commercial Distribution, Surrey, July 15–17. 2009. http://eprints.bournemouth.ac.uk/15678/2/EAERCD_2009_Marciniak_%26_Budnarowska.pdf. Accessed 31 July 2017.
- Niehm, L. S., Fiore, A. M., Jeong, M., & Kim, H. J. (2006). Pop-up retail’s acceptability as an innovative business strategy and enhancer of the consumer shopping experience. Journal of Shopping Center Research, 13(2), 1–30.Google Scholar
- Saget, A. (2006). The event marketing handbook: Beyond logistics and planning (1st ed.). Chicago, IL: Kaplan.Google Scholar
- Thompson, D. (2012). Pop up business for dummies. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar