- 338 Downloads
Software maintenance and evolution is usually the longest phase in a large software-intensive system’s life cycle. The major goal of this book is to unearth hidden artifacts in software maintenance and evolution (a technical process) to put you in a better position to seize control over your product. This chapter sets the stage in our quest to unravel the underlying secrets of this process. You may treat this chapter as a user’s guide for this book that explains the importance and role of the subsequent chapters as well as their interrelationships.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Regular Bibliographic References
- 2.Bourque P, Fairley RE (eds) (2014) Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge, Version 3.0. IEEE Computer Society, Piscataway, NJ. www.swebok.org. Accessed 04 Jul 2017
- 4.Varga E (2011) The holistic approach to software engineering. 5th international conference on engineering and technology ICET-2011, Phuket, ThailandGoogle Scholar
- 5.Savić V, Varga E (2017) Extending the SEMAT Kernel with the TDD practice. IET Softw. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-sen.2016.0305
- 7.Fowler M (2003) TechnicalDebt. martinfowler.com/bliki/TechnicalDebt.html. Accessed 06 Jul 2017
- 8.Anderson RJ (2008) Security engineering: a guide to building dependable distributed systems, 2nd edn. John Wiley, Hoboken, NJGoogle Scholar
- 10.Jones C (2006) The economics of software maintenance in the twenty first century – version 3. www.compaid.com/caiinternet/ezine/capersjones-maintenance.pdf. Accessed 16 Aug 2017
- 12.Jacobson I, Meyer B (2009) Methods need theory. www.drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/methods-need-theory/219100242. Accessed 18 Aug 2017
- 13.Jacobson I, Spence I (2009) Why we need a theory for software engineering. www.drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/why-we-need-a-theory-for-software-engine/220300840. Accessed 18 Aug 2017
- 14.Bennett K, Rajlich V (2000) Software maintenance and evolution: a roadmap. www0.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/A.Finkelstein/fose/finalbennett.pdf. Accessed 18 Aug 2017
- 15.McConnell S (2011) Origins of 10X – how valid is the underlying research? construx.com/10x_Software_Development/Origins_of_10X_–_How_Valid_is_the_Underlying_Research_. Accessed 19 Aug 2017
- 17.Pardon G (2008) Loosely-coupled deployment vs loosely-coupled design. www.atomikos.com/Blog/LooselyCoupledDeploymentVsLooselyCoupledDesign. Accessed 23 Aug 2017