Simulation Analysis of Influencing Factors for Resonant Frequency of PCB Coil Based on HFSS
In recent years, the application of implantable medical devices has become increasingly popular, and its power supply problem has become a hot research, and the problem of its energy supply is also a research hot topic. The PCB (printed circuit board) coils can be used to achieve cascading and stacking between adjacent layers in very small volumes, so they are very suitable for implantable applications.
In this paper, the resonant frequency and inductance of the PCB coil with specific shape are theoretical analyzed. The influence of line width, pitch, and turns on the resonant frequency of the coil is studied through the HFSS simulation results. Finally, we use the resonant frequency as the dependent variable, the linewidth and spacing as the independent variables for multiple nonlinear fitting on MATLAB, and the results show that the fitting effect is ideal.
KeywordsResonant frequency PCB coil HFSS
This paper received funding from Qingdao innovation and entrepreneurship leading talent project (13-cx-2), Qingdao national laboratory for marine science and technology Aoshan science and technology innovation project (2016ASKJ07) and China International Scientific and Technological Cooperation Special (2013DFA10490).
- 3.Ellstein, D., Wang, B., Teo, K.H.: Accurate models for spiral resonators. In: Radar Conference, pp. 461–464 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Sonntag, C., Lomonova, E.A., Duarte, J.L.: Implementation of the Neumann formula for calculating the mutual inductance between planar PCB inductors. In: International Conference on Electrical Machines, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Meyer, P., Perriard, Y.: Skin and proximity effects for coreless transformers, pp. 1–5 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, J.Q., Wang, L., Pu, Y.Q., et al.: A magnetically resonant coupling system for wireless power transmission. In: International Symposium on Antennas, Propagation & Em Theory, pp. 1205–1209 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Kong, S., Kim, J.J., Park, L. et al.: Near-field intensity prediction model at maximum transferred power frequency in mutual-coupled rectangular coils for WPT system. In: Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 45–48. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Tang, S.C., Hui, S.Y.R., Chung, H.: Characterization of coreless printed circuit board (PCB) transformers. In: Power Electronics Specialists Conference, Pesc 1999, vol. 2, pp. 746–752. IEEE (1999)Google Scholar