Dynamics Analysis of Underactuated Cherrypicker Systems with Friction
The cherrypicker system has long mechanical arms and an unactuated bucket, which helps raise up workers to implement difficult aerial works on high up towers, power lines, and buildings. However, due to the gravity and inertia, the bucket has residual vibration which brings safety concerns. In order to design controllers to suppress the oscillation, this paper first provides a dynamic model of a two-armed cherrypicker system with friction by using Lagrange’s modeling method and also derives the matrix form dynamic equation. Numerical simulation results verify the feasibility of the model.
KeywordsUnderactuated system Cherrypicker Lagrange’s dynamics System modeling
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61503200, the Natural Science Foundation of Tianjin under Grant 15JCQNJC03800, and the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation under Grant 2016M600186 and under Grant 2017T100153.
- 5.Sun, N., Wu, Y., Fang, Y., Chen, H.: Nonlinear antiswing control for crane systems with double pendulum swing effects and uncertain parameters: design and experiments. IEEE Trans. Autom. Sci. Eng. (2017, in press). doi: 10.1109/TASE.2017.2723539
- 7.Sun, N., Yang, T., Fang, Y., Lu, B., Qian, Y.: Nonlinear motion control of underactuated 3-dimensional boom crane systems with hardware experiments. IEEE Trans. Industr. Inform. (2017, in press). doi: 10.1109/TII.2017.2754540
- 8.Bai, L., Zhou, Q., Wang, L., Yu, Z.: Observer-based adaptive control for stochastic nonstrict-feedback systems with unknown backlash-like hysteresis. Int. J. Adapt. Control Signal Process. (2017, in press). doi: 10.1002/acs.2780
- 12.Sun, N., Fang, Y., Chen, H., Fu, Y., Lu, B.: Nonlinear stabilizing control for ship-mounted cranes with disturbances induced by ship roll and heave movements: design, analysis, and experiments. IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. Syst. (2017, in press). doi: 10.1109/TSMC.2017.2700393
- 14.Lee, S., Gil, M., Lee, K., Lee, S., Han, C.: Design of a ceiling glass installation robot. In: 24th International Symposium on Automation and Robotic in Construction, pp. 247–252. Construction Automation Group, I.I.T. Madras (2007)Google Scholar
- 16.Ge, M., Li, E., Liang, Z., Tan, M.: Design of a hydraulic-cylinder-pressure-based anti-overturning module for aerial work platforms. In: Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, pp. 974–977 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Hernandez, E.C.: Dynamic characterization and analysis of aerial lifts. Georgia Institute of Technology (2012)Google Scholar
- 18.Yuan, Q.H., Lew, J., Piyabongkarn, D.: Motion control of an aerial work platform. In: American Control Conference, pp. 2873–2878. Hyatt Regency Riverfront, St. Louis (2009)Google Scholar
- 19.Maleki, E., Pridgen, B., Xiong, J.Q., Singhose, W.: Dynamic analysis and control of a portable cherrypicker. Am. Soc. Mech. Eng. 2, 477–482 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Pridgen, B., Maleki, E., Singhose, W., Seering, W., Glauser, U., Kaufmann, L.: A small-scale cherrypicker for experimental and educational use. In: American Control Conference, O’Farrell Street, San Francisco, CA, USA, pp. 681–686 (2011)Google Scholar
- 21.Hongxia, J., Wanli, L., Singhose, W.: Using two-mode input shaping to suppress the residual vibration of cherrypickers. In: Third International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation, Shanghai, China, pp. 1091–1094 (2011)Google Scholar