Robot Path Planning Based on A Hybrid Approach
In this paper, an optimal method based on combination of improved genetic algorithm (IGA) and improved artificial potential field (IAPF) for path planning of mobile robot is proposed. This method consists of two steps. Firstly, free space model of mobile robot is established by using grid-based method and IGA is employed to find a global optimal collision-free path which is usually the shortest through known static environment. Secondly, according to the path obtained by IGA, IAPF is utilized to generate a real-time path to avoid dynamic obstacles. This ensures that robot can avoid obstacles as well as move along the optimal path. Simulation experiments are carried out to verify the superiority of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsPath planning Genetic algorithm Artificial potential field
The work was supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China under Grants 61673188 and 61761130081, the National Key Research and Development Program of China under Grant 2016YFB0800402, the Foundation for Innovative Research Groups of Hubei Province of China under Grant 2017CFA005.
- 4.Byerly, A., Uskov, A.: A new parameter adaptation method for genetic algorithms and ant colony optimization algorithms. In: IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology, Grand Forks, pp. 668–763 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Zeng, X.P., Li, Y.M., Q, J.: A dynamic chain-like agent genetic algorithm for global numerical optimization and feature selection. Neurocomputing 74, 1214–1228 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Mathias, H.D., Ragusa, V.R.: An empirical study of crossover and mass extinction in a genetic algorithm for pathfinding in a continuous environment. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Vancouver, pp. 4111–4118 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Bao, Y.Q., Wu, H.Y., Chen, Y.: The multi-robot task planning based on improved GA with elite set strategy. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, QingDao, pp. 1367–1371 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Lu, N.N., Gong, Y.L., Pan, J.: Path planning of mobile robot with path rule mining based on GA. In: Chinese Control and Decision Conference, YinChuan, pp. 1600–1604 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Shehata, H.H., Schlattmann, J.: Non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm for smooth path planning in unknown environments. In: IEEE International Conference on Autonomous Robot Systems and Competitions, Espinho, pp. 14–21 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Hu, Y., Yang, S.X.: A knowledge based genetic algorithm for path planning of a mobile robot. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, New Orleans, pp. 4350–4355 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Alajlan, M., Koubâa, A., Châari, I., Bennaceur, H., Ammar, A.: Global path planning for mobile robots in large-scale grid environments using genetic algorithms. In: International Conference on Individual and Collective Behaviors in Robotics, Sousse, pp. 1–8 (2013)Google Scholar