A simple setup for repeatability analysis of a low-level laser therapy scanner
We present a study of the Polaris 2 device repeatability for a low-level laser therapy (LLLT). We use a simple optical setup to test the repeatability of the laser beam speed and profile and provide a statistical data analysis. Using our simple optomechanic setup we show that the speed of the probing laser beam repeatability is less than 8 % and the beam diameter repeatability less than 2 %.
keywordsLow level laser therapy repeatability diode lasers light emission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors wish to thank prof. Ewa Stachowska and dr Frans Meijer for valuable advice when preparing this article.
A work was supported by grant 02/22/DSPB/1387.
- 1.ImageJ - Image Processing and Analysis in Java. https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/, accessed: 2017-05-12
- 2.Avci, P.: Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: stimulating, healing, restoring. Seminars in cutaneous medicine and surgery 32(1), 41–52 (Mar 2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Avci, P., Gupta, G.K., Clark, J., Wikonkal, N., Hamblin, M.R.: Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) for treatment of hair loss. Lasers Surg Med 46(2), 144–151 (Aug 2013)Google Scholar
- 4.van Coevorden, R.S.: The low level laser in palliative care. Advances in Palliative Medicine (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Dawood, M.S., Al-Salihi, A.R., Qasim, A.W.: Laser therapy of muscle injuries. Lasers Med Sci 28(3), 735–742 (May 2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Hode, L., Tunér, J.: Wrong parameters can give just any results. Lasers Surg Med 38(4), 343–343 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Huang, Z., Chen, J., Ma, J., Shen, B., Pei, F., Kraus, V.B.: Effectiveness of low-level laser therapy in patients with knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Osteoarthr. Cartil. 23(9), 1437–1444 (Sep 2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Kim, W.S., Calderhead, R.G.: Is light-emitting diode phototherapy (LED-LLLT) really effective? LASER THERAPY 20(3), 205–215 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Pinheiro, A.L.B., Oliveira, M.G., Martins, P.P.M., Ramalho, L.M.P., Oliveira, M.A.M.d., Júnior, A.N., Nicolau, R.A.: Biomodulatory effects of LLLT on bone regeneration. Laser Therapy 13(1), 73–79 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Posten, W., Wrone, D.A., Dover, J.S., Arndt, K.A., Silapunt, S., Alam, M.: Low-level laser therapy for wound healing: mechanism and efficacy. Dermatol Surg 31(3), 334–340 (Mar 2005)Google Scholar