Using Meta-Heuristic and Numerical Algorithm Inspired by Evolution Differential Equation and Strawberry Plant for Demand Side Management in Smart Grid
“Save Energy” is the cry of the day. Energy demand is increasing day by day, on the other hand Energy generation is decreasing, creating a gap between Demand Side Management (DSM) and Supply Side Management (SSM) leading to maximum Peak Average Ratio (PAR) formation. To overcome the gap between DSM and SSM and saving bill cost of the consumers we have designed a consumption scheduling technique for home area in DSM, using Enhanced Differential Equation (EDE) and Strawberry Algorithm (SBA). EDE and SBA schedule user’s appliances intelligently and creates a daily optimal load balance for DSM and SSM thus providing advantage to both consumer and utility. Our proposed technique have not only focused PAR minimization but also User Comfort (UC) maximization, cost reduction, and waiting time minimization. Our simulation results verified that, we have obtain better results than other existing techniques.
- 2.Energy Information Administration. United States Department of Energy, Washington. https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.cfmid=12251. Accessed 13 Apr 2017
- 3.Rahima, S., Javaida, N., Ahmada, A., Khana, S.A., Khanb, Z.A., Alrajehc, N.,Qasimd, U.: Exploiting heuristic algorithms to efficiently utilize energy management controllers with renewable energy sources. Journal home page: www.elsevier.com/locate/enbuild
- 5.U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment 1993, Adapted From Battelle-Columbus Division and Synergic Resources Corporation, Demand Side Management, Volume 3: Technology Alternatives and Market Implementation Methods EPRIIAVEM-3597. Electric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto (1984)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart gridGoogle Scholar
- 8.Ma, K., Yao, T., Yang, J., Guan, X.: Electrical power and energy systems. www.elsevier.com/locate/ijepes
- 10.Park, Y., Kim, S.: Game theory-based bi-level pricing scheme for smart grid scheduling control algorithm. J. Commun. Netw. 18(3), 484–492 (2016)Google Scholar